[SOLVED] Does the asrock b450m hdv r4.0 come with ryzen 3000 ready support

Jun 2, 2020
I recently purchased a ryzen 3200g and the motherboard stated above, the board came with a sticker stating it was ryzen 3000 series ready as well as multiple people claiming it comes with out the box support, however upon turning the pc on there is no video output I'm wondering if the bios is outdated, if the board is faulty or its something else. Thank you

Solution
It has the ryzen 3000 desktop ready sticker on it, I thought it could be a psu problem so I have a new one of those now every single part is brand new but I still have no display or lights on the motherboard and other connected devices. I then tried to reassemble the pc that I was using before but now I'm having the same issue, it was working completely fine before but now neither motherboard boots to post. I've tried mixing and matching components but nothing is working l, I have absolutely no idea what is going on
Well the bios may well be the issue and you may need to get one through the loaner program. In the meantime, whenever I have a problem build, I pull it all out of the case and do a desktop build on a big sheet of...

RealBeast

Titan
I recently purchased a ryzen 3200g and the motherboard stated above, the board came with a sticker stating it was ryzen 3000 series ready as well as multiple people claiming it comes with out the box support, however upon turning the pc on there is no video output I'm wondering if the bios is outdated, if the board is faulty or its something else. Thank you
The 3200G requires bios 2.30 or later ,but look over the bios choices carefully as some later versions are not recommended.

And if all else fails, AMD has a free loaner CPU program (details HERE to do the update).

Reactions: kurdtnz
Jun 2, 2020
The 3200G requires bios 2.30 or later ,but look over the bios choices carefully as some later versions are not recommended.

And if all else fails, AMD has a free loaner CPU program (details HERE to do the update).

It has the ryzen 3000 desktop ready sticker on it, I thought it could be a psu problem so I have a new one of those now every single part is brand new but I still have no display or lights on the motherboard and other connected devices. I then tried to reassemble the pc that I was using before but now I'm having the same issue, it was working completely fine before but now neither motherboard boots to post. I've tried mixing and matching components but nothing is working l, I have absolutely no idea what is going on

RealBeast

Titan
Well the bios may well be the issue and you may need to get one through the loaner program. In the meantime, whenever I have a problem build, I pull it all out of the case and do a desktop build on a big sheet of cardboard. That eliminates the potential for case shorts and makes it much easier to swap out parts.

I would also go ahead and have AMD send the loaner CPU since it is a free service. Out of the box support is totally dependent on the bios version of the board.

This has been a very common issue on the forums recently, so hang in there. It will all work eventually.

Solution
I was interested in this board to run with a 3400G but read so many conflicting reports about being ryzen 3000 ready, some say they had no problem, some said they had to update the BIOS. It seems to be a minefield out there and very much hit or miss.

RealBeast

Titan
I was interested in this board to run with a 3400G but read so many conflicting reports about being ryzen 3000 ready, some say they had no problem, some said they had to update the BIOS. It seems to be a minefield out there and very much hit or miss.
Fortunately AMD is customer friendly enough to loan you a CPU to do any bios update free -- the bottom of the page HERE. It is really not unexpected that there could be bios issues in some cases, since unlike Intel, you can use many of the older chipsets for the latest AMD CPUs.