does the asus strix 1080ti have any issues ?

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018
im willing to get one this week end but i dont know if i should go for the strix or should i get the evga ftw3 .. i really dont know .. i wont be using the warranty of both cards as i will be travelling .. so witch one has the best temps at the lowest rpm ? witch one should i go for ?

Solution
Well, I do have an EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 that's cramped into a tiny EVGA Hadron Air case. You'd think heat would be a big issue, but you can game all day on that thing and so far so good. The fans get noisy, but that's about it.
either one would be good and there is no telling which one might last longer. all you can do is take care of it and use it as much as you can. the performance will be roughly the same so go with the one that you like better because, in the end you'll be looking at it.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
The EVGA one is slightly faster, although the Asus is a bit more visually appealing. Looks like you get "The Crew 2" for free with either one. The Asus one is currently $60 cheaper(at least on newegg.com)... so if it were me, I'd just get the Asus model.

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018

the price isn't the issue here .. i heard about alot of issues that the strix has : coil whine .. fan fail .. sag
when the every one who has the ftw3 is happy with it .. i also dont mind the design of both i like both

7664stefan

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Made my experiences with both, Asus and EVGA...and the winner is...EVGA. Had GTX 680 from both manufacturer being faulty after some time. Customer service at EVGA was quicker and more responsive, thus my clear recommendation.
You might as well consider buying and MSI card. Seems to be very reliable hardware as well. ;)

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018

i wont be using the warranty as i will be traveling .. so this is not a concern
does the evga cool better at a lower fan speed than the strix ?

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Well, I do have an EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 that's cramped into a tiny EVGA Hadron Air case. You'd think heat would be a big issue, but you can game all day on that thing and so far so good. The fans get noisy, but that's about it.

Solution