Question Does the Intel DH61WW motherboard support 12th gen processors like i3 12th gen. ?

Feb 1, 2023
i have a very old CPU so i was thinking to upgrade it to one with a decent iGPU so i can game on low settings @ 600p.
If this motherboard doesn't support 12th gen CPUs, can anyone give me alternative suggestions ?

Your motherboard does not even support 4th gen cpu. Although you can likely get a 3rd gen cpu that might work with the proper bios it is going to be almost impossible to find for a reasonable price.
Pretty much once a new type of cpu comes out they stop manufacturing the old ones. Many times the cost for the older cpu chips can be as much if not more than some of the ones that are used in the current systems.
You can get used chips but that has all the standard risks of buying used electronics and most are still not what I could call cheap.

In addition a quick look at the motherboard shows it uses the old analog video standard. Going to be tricky to get a monitor that will run with that....unless you have some old CRT monitors laying around also.
There are cables/adapters that will let it run with newer monitors but that increases your costs also.

Your best option is likely to try to find a complete machine on the used market.

Feb 1, 2023
Your motherboard does not even support 4th gen cpu. Although you can likely get a 3rd gen cpu that might work with the proper bios it is going to be almost impossible to find for a reasonable price.
Pretty much once a new type of cpu comes out they stop manufacturing the old ones. Many times the cost for the older cpu chips can be as much if not more than some of the ones that are used in the current systems.
You can get used chips but that has all the standard risks of buying used electronics and most are still not what I could call cheap.

In addition a quick look at the motherboard shows it uses the old analog video standard. Going to be tricky to get a monitor that will run with that....unless you have some old CRT monitors laying around also.
There are cables/adapters that will let it run with newer monitors but that increases your costs also.

Your best option is likely to try to find a complete machine on the used market.
Thanks for your help