Question Does the N15235 motherboard support 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM ?

Oct 12, 2024

Hi, unfortunately I bought 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM for my PC doesn't support it. I don't know the reason why.

Motherboard
Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD
Model Samsung DeskTop System (CPU 1)
Version None
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model G41
Chipset Revision A3
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model 82801GB (ICH7/R)
Southbridge Revision A1

BIOS
Brand SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD
Version 01RE
Date 4/13/2010

CPU
Intel Core2 Duo E8300 @ 2.83GHz
Cores 2
Threads 2
Code Name Wolfdale
Package Socket 775 LGA
Technology 45nm

Current RAM
Type DDR3
Size 3072 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 533.3 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 7 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 7 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 7 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 20 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T

Please someone help why my PC is not supporting 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM.
With this RAM Installed I hear 5 beeps.

Thank you!

Only if you follow the post you quoted.

All Intel C2D chipsets for DDR3 (FSB, so the memory controller is in the chipset) only support up-to-2Gbit memory chips, or 256Megabytes per chip. So a 4GB stick would need a full 16 chips on it to work. This kind of extra-low-density memory is rather hard to find nowadays except used, since for 10 years low-density has mostly referred to the 4Gbit chips that Sandy or Ivy Bridge can use and you can't.

As stated, G41 memory controller officially supports 8GB max, and because it was Intel's lowest-end chipset of the time, usually only came with two memory slots so you couldn't even try going over this (16GB works fine but is unsupported in X38/X48 for example). The combo boards had two DDR2 and two DDR3 slots, but only one type could be used at a time (or it would seriously overvolt the DDR3)

Note that the bandwidth of one DDR3 channel is fully sufficient to saturate the FSB so you only gain performance with dual-channel if you are using the IGP.