[SOLVED] Does Thermaltake Smart 650W PSU has enough cables to use with 3060 Ti?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

I posted a similar one before but this time, I just want to know that if I am able to run 3060 Ti with no issue. I know an 650W PSU is enough, I know my PSU model is not a quality one and I know I need to change it as soon as possible. I am going to get FSP Hydro G probably but today, I only want to know if my PSU has enough cables to run 3060 Ti. Let me give an example: if my PSU doesn't have 2x8pin cables, I will not be able to run 3060 Ti which requires power with 2x8pin. I actually don't know what are the requirements about cables, if there are enough cables, looks like I will be okay to run.

Solution
Both of these GPUs require just a single eight-pin connector.

Most brands are fine. Palit's generally selling close to reference designs and I have little direct experience with Inno3D; I've heard some poor things about the latter's customer service, but that's only on the level of anecdotal evidence.
D

Deleted member 2841972

have you check Thermaltake site?
Yes, I checked it but could not understand much, I don't have any knowledge. I would send 3060 Ti's and my PSU model's websites but whenever it opens, the page's language was not English and I felt like sending it would be useless.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The problem is, you don't say which 3060 Ti. Not all GPUs of the same model, especially mid-tier GPUs power-wise, use the same PCIE power configuration.

And this is not a PSU I'd even use with a new, expensive GPU, even in a "I'm getting a better one later." This isn't like using a Ferrari with a broken radio or moonroof, this is like using a Ferrari with broken brakes.

D

Deleted member 2841972

The problem is, you don't say which 3060 Ti. Not all GPUs of the same model, especially mid-tier GPUs power-wise, use the same PCIE power configuration.

And this is not a PSU I'd even use with a new, expensive GPU, even in a "I'm getting a better one later." This isn't like using a Ferrari with a broken radio or moonroof, this is like using a Ferrari with broken brakes.
Then I have to buy the card but don't use it until I get my new quality PSU. Also I was considering to get Palit 3060 Ti or Inno3D's. Is there any know issue about those brands and models?

• Palit's model is DUAL OC.
  • Inno3D's model is Twin x2 OC.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Most brands are fine. Palit's generally selling close to reference designs and I have little direct experience with Inno3D; I've heard some poor things about the latter's customer service, but that's only on the level of anecdotal evidence.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2841972

I think one of the most important thing is cooling. If these models has no issues about cooling, then all good for me.