[SOLVED] Does this memory kit work on my system?

xtreme07

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
I have a desktop pc, dell vostro 3668 with processor Intel 7th Generation Core i5-7400 3.00 Ghz (as you will see in the link below that is important)
here are the specs: dell vostro 3668

My Question, does this corsair ram kit work on my pc?

the corsair is DIMM, while my pc needs UDIMM, also the kit doesn't mention if is non-ecc, which makes me wonder if it's compatible with my pc

Lutfij

Titan
The U in front of DIMM on the Vostro spec sheet is to signify Unregistered, which is pretty much every mainstream ram available on the market for the desktop platform. You're good to go with that ram kit. Just be sure to update the BIOS prior to dropping in the new rams.

xtreme07

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
updating the bios would be a problem cause i'm not a tech person.
can you tell me why do i need to update the bios ? from what i've seen on the memory kit specs, it is compatible with my chipset. is the chipset linked to bios ?

xtreme07

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
after studying a little bit more, i found out i dont have to update my bios. furthermore i need a more precise answer, which is: can i install that specific memory ram (which is dimm) on udimm slot ?

the previous answer was saying that gennerally udimm ram is what all the ram's are on the market, which i dont find to answer my question. the answer is to broad. please provide a pin point answer.