Does this PSU fit this chassis.

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013
Can my Antec one hundred fit an Antec HCG-620 620W High Current Gaming 80+ Bronze Power Supply, same goes for the FSP Raider 650watts 80Plus SILVER Power Supply.

im looking for good psu's that ranges 600-700w, looking forward to upgrade my i5-4430 to an i5-4670. Not wanting to overclock.
add another HyperX blu 8gb ram kingston to make it 16gb
add 3 new Antec Tricool Fans
and a cm212 heatsink. So would the Antec PSU be enough?

btw my mobo is Asus B85M-G using an Asus GTX 760. Thanks for the answer.

oh and which is better? This antec PSU or the FSP Raider 650watts 80Plus SILVER Power Supply? Which is cheaper and has a higher wattage.

Solution
yes, that PSU will fit no issues.

I'm not sure you'd see a huge improvement in most games by making that CPU change. you'd be GPU limited I'd think in most of the games, so I can't say that's an upgrade worth the money.

there's not much reason to add a cm 212 if you're not overclocking, unless you just want it to look cool.

also, not much reason to go beyond 8gb ram... i cant imagine you've ever used the full 8gb.
you can install something like coretemp, which displays how much RAM you're using.

while DDR3 you generally want to run in pairs so they use dual channel instead of single channel of just one chip, the real world difference is barely noticeable though in your rig.

so basically, if you need a PSU, that one will work...

lowriderflow

Distinguished
yes, that PSU will fit no issues.

I'm not sure you'd see a huge improvement in most games by making that CPU change. you'd be GPU limited I'd think in most of the games, so I can't say that's an upgrade worth the money.

there's not much reason to add a cm 212 if you're not overclocking, unless you just want it to look cool.

also, not much reason to go beyond 8gb ram... i cant imagine you've ever used the full 8gb.
you can install something like coretemp, which displays how much RAM you're using.

while DDR3 you generally want to run in pairs so they use dual channel instead of single channel of just one chip, the real world difference is barely noticeable though in your rig.

so basically, if you need a PSU, that one will work fine, but the rest of the upgrades are $ wasted

Solution

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013

I already have a 550w FPS supersonic, but i think it won't be enough right? thats why im going to upgrade soon

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013

wow thanks for the tips mate, but what PSU exactly? The Antec 620w or the FSP 650w?