Does Throttlestop do unparking of the cores?

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hi all,

I use Throttlesop to overclock my i7-6700 HQ CPU , but I would like to know if it also does unparking of the CPU cores!

p.s Please tell me if I can do anything other to optimize the CPU for gaming!

Please help me!
Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

Solution
Well, the point I'm trying to make is that it may not matter if you're getting the most out of your CPU because your GPU may already be the limiting factor.

But I don't think there's much you can do beyond what you already have. Guess you could make you have the High Performance windows power plan selected. But honestly, my experience is that CPUs are pretty good at boosting when they need to. IMO, the stuff you're doing like core unparking and throttlestop may just increase heat and power consumption without making much a difference in performance. You could try logging your CPU while gaming without any of that stuff enable, to see what it does when left to regulate its frequency on its own. I would also recommend doing it with the...

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
What makes you think you're having an issue with core parking? Also, how are you overclocking a locked CPU? Or does throttlestop just let you make it run at the max turbo all the time?

Unless your laptop has a really high end GPU, I doubt your CPU is limiting your gaming performance.

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015

Yes,exactly, Throttlestop lets me run at the max turbo all the time!

My GPU is Nvidia GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 .

I am trying to optimize the performance of the CPU, for ArmA 3 ; because as far as I know ArmA 3 is more a CPU than a GPU intensive game!
So please tell me how can I maximally optimize the performance of my CPU,in order to get the most of it while playing ArmA 3!

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015

Ok,I'll check that. But please tell me what should I do to get the most of the CPU for the game?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Well, the point I'm trying to make is that it may not matter if you're getting the most out of your CPU because your GPU may already be the limiting factor.

But I don't think there's much you can do beyond what you already have. Guess you could make you have the High Performance windows power plan selected. But honestly, my experience is that CPUs are pretty good at boosting when they need to. IMO, the stuff you're doing like core unparking and throttlestop may just increase heat and power consumption without making much a difference in performance. You could try logging your CPU while gaming without any of that stuff enable, to see what it does when left to regulate its frequency on its own. I would also recommend doing it with the throttlestop stuff enabled as well, to see what sort of temps you're getting and if there's throttling occurring.

Solution
Sometimes in a laptop undervolting can eliminate some temperature related throttling allowing higher speeds. laptop overclocking is a whole different world, and I've seen some amazing work done by some of those guys.
Like this 140 page thread.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/pll-pinmod-overclocking-methods-and-examples.393027/