[SOLVED] Does Uninstalling ASROCK A-Tuning Revert My Settings Back To What They Were Before Install

Nov 10, 2020
I installed A-Tuning but realized I didn't like it much and heard people had issues with their PCs because of it. I'm new to the PC and overclocking game so I want to make sure I'm not going to burn out my rig. I uninstalled the A-Tuning program so I just needed to know if by uninstalling it if it changed my settings back to what they were before I started screwing with it in the program. I changed it back and forth between the 3 settings and left it on the standard when I uninstalled it if that helps.

Solution
What you see and have access to in the bios, is not everything that's IN the bios. The many hidden settings. Bios is the basic machine operating system, it says what is what and where things are. Cmos is different, but often confused with bios. Cmos is the extra commands from windows that change or contain a list of the bios settings.

From a cold boot/reset, the pc will use bios, it'll search out all your equipment and apply any settings it has. When you shutdown by windows, that list gets saved to cmos and on a regular startup the pc applies cmos as the startup. Much faster, as the pc doesn't have to hunt down, verify, check your stuff.

You used software to change bios settings. Even removal of that software will still have the...
Nov 10, 2020
check if a reset or default settings option is available in the software

or uninstall it and reset the BIOS by jumper, eventually you will have to set the RAM timing (XMP/DOCP) and boot priority after this correctly again
I'm a noob so I just wanna make sure I'm reading into your answer correctly. When talking about the jumper, are you referring to clearing the CMOS? As for RAM timing, are you talking about changing the timing from say 1600 to 3200? Also not sure what exactly you mean when talking about boot priority too. Sorry for all of the questions but I just don't want to do something incorrectly.

you did understand what I was trying to say :)

boot priority or boot order is important if the BIOS is not using the hard drive with the operating system on it to boot as priority number one and can´t find it itself. Usually that´s not gonna be a problem and the boot to windows should be working without problems after a BIOS reset/ clearCMOS. But if no boot media is found automatically, you will have to enter the BIOS and set the correct hard drive as boot number 1.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What you see and have access to in the bios, is not everything that's IN the bios. The many hidden settings. Bios is the basic machine operating system, it says what is what and where things are. Cmos is different, but often confused with bios. Cmos is the extra commands from windows that change or contain a list of the bios settings.

From a cold boot/reset, the pc will use bios, it'll search out all your equipment and apply any settings it has. When you shutdown by windows, that list gets saved to cmos and on a regular startup the pc applies cmos as the startup. Much faster, as the pc doesn't have to hunt down, verify, check your stuff.

You used software to change bios settings. Even removal of that software will still have the settings saved in cmos, so that's what you need to clear, which forces bios to do a reset and cold boot from scratch, as now there's no startup cmos list to apply.

I'd also run ccleaner (piriform.com) and run the registry tool (say yes to backup) to clear any temp files, orphans, associations that software might be trying to enable as windows doesn't actually delete anything, as such.

Solution