Does Unreal Still Look Unreal? Not Anymore!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Wow PC is crap! 360 FTW[/citation]

It goes to show that the console crowd really is a bunch of clueless kids.

deividast

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
ah.... those were the days :) It seems as just yesterday i played Unreal for first time and fell so hopelessly in love with it, that even now i still remember those great days head-shooting enemies from the top of the castle while my team mates were making their way back with enemies flag :)
I'm still a huge fan of unreal franchise and am waiting with anticipation any news that it's still alive and well :)

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]mjello[/nom]It seems something is missing in this piece of news...[/citation]

I agree, and I'm not trying to be sarcastic. It sais:
"...especially in light of this fantasy mod." What fantasy mod? And why is there no actual PC game screenshot above the bold text just under the headline?

[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]Am i the only one that still plays old games from time to time.[/citation]
I would vote you up; but it would make it sound like you were.
I would vote you down; but it would make it would like you were and be mean.

My point: No you aren't! Old games are awesome! Especially Duke Nukem.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]silky salamandr[/nom]If any of you dont know by now this should let you know that toms is just become a personal blog post for some of their employees(not naming names but the community knows who they are). Look for your hardware related news else where.[/citation]

Honestly dude, TH is not a news website. They usually get stories a few days after they happen. Its a great place to get tailored reviews, benchmarks and articles on what h/w to buy though; not to mention the awesome forum they have going on here! Use what you like here, and get your news stories somewhere else. 1 webstie can't do everything.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Wow PC is crap! 360 FTW[/citation]

X-Box wasn't even out yet at this point and it's a well known fact that a properly built gaming rig gives the best graphics. But to you my good troll all I have to say is... Two angry camels in a tiny car.

kdashjl

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]Am i the only one that still plays old games from time to time.[/citation]
i still play no one lives forever :p

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I'll agree with some, this article is not real news.

But...

It sure was fun to reminisce about the original Unreal. Like others have said, it was an epic game in its day. (see what I did there? double-entendre)

byebye

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
i must have missed this game.... at that time i was drowning in tunnels and robots... i still am.. Descent rocks!

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]rtfm[/nom]You mean the news is missing from this news article.[/citation]

Tom's hardware is trying the Fox News approach by giving opinions rather than substantial news.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]proxicide[/nom]you do realize this was back in 1997, lol xbox fan boys[/citation]
LOL, yeah 1997 was Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1 territory
Even 13 years ago consoles were light years behind
Good to see nothing really changes

peteyfro87

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
OK I'm inspired

Up into the loft, dusty old cardboard box, Ah, I knew I still had it.
Back down to my computer

GONNA PLAY IT AGAIN

Thanks Tom's

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
"With the rapid pace of hardware and software advancement, games keep looking better and better."

Wrong, it's stagnating since we see the next generation of consoles appear. Something PC game technologies weren't bound too in the past generation of consoles(before xBox360 and PS3).

gpharman

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
I think it is funny that people who play XBOX 360 or PS3 think they have awesome graphics and gameplay....lol. Now that is funny. I can't even imagine playing one of those.

Core I7 920 @3.00ghz
12 GB OCZ DDR3 1600
Gigabyte EX58 UD4P MB
2 x EVGA GTX 470 SCE IN SLI]
Coolermaster HAF 932
ABS Majesty 1100W PSU
ASUS VW246H LCD
Zalman 9900 120mm CPU cooler
16 TB OF HDD
Logitech 5.1 surround sound system
Steelseries Merc Stealth KB
Turtle Beach 5.1 surround headphones.