[SOLVED] Does using a different power adapter then what is rated on the router affect router's performance and most importantly ping ?

May 9, 2020
My main adapter with the router stopped working and I replaced it with a adapter I took from a dth box !
The router box has a power requirement of 12 v 1 and the adapter I'm using is 9v 1 a !
I also have a 12 v 2 a but I didn't use it even after the same voltage as I thought the higher current was more dangerous !
So please tell me what should I do and is this okay ?
The router is working and I am getting internet but I don't know if my internet speed and pings are upto the mark as I don't have anything to compare to ! Please reply and give suggestions !

Solution
Hard to say what running non standard power into a device will do in the long term. The output power of the radio chips is extremely tiny compared to the power supply so it likely still puts out the same signal levels.
Running lower voltage will tend to make the chips run hotter because they are pulling more amperage. This may cut the live in the long run.

If you have the proper power supply that is best. Otherwise I would go to the 12volt 2amp one it is much better than a 9volt

If you really want to learn how this works spend some time reading what amp/volt/watt actually are and how they are mathematically related.
I am surprised it even works with a 9volt adapter.

The voltage is the most important thing. In most cases if it is too low it will not function and if it is too high you take the chance of damage.

The current does not matter the device will only pull what it needs. So the device will only use say 1amp even if it is hooked to a 100amp power supply. In many cases the power will be more stable when you use a higher amp power supply because you are not straining it as much as when it is running at its maximum value.

But none of this matters to internet speed. Pretty much it either is going to work or it is not going to power on.

May 9, 2020
I am surprised it even works with a 9volt adapter.

The voltage is the most important thing. In most cases if it is too low it will not function and if it is too high you take the chance of damage.

The current does not matter the device will only pull what it needs. So the device will only use say 1amp even if it is hooked to a 100amp power supply. In many cases the power will be more stable when you use a higher amp power supply because you are not straining it as much as when it is running at its maximum value.

But none of this matters to internet speed. Pretty much it either is going to work or it is not going to power on.
Bro so you mean if my internet is working then all is fine ?
And should I replace it with the 12 v 1.5 a rated adapter ? ( Found a 1.5 a adapter just now !)
Or stay with the 9 v 1 a !
Well does it affect signal strength of antennas using low voltage adapter ?

Hard to say what running non standard power into a device will do in the long term. The output power of the radio chips is extremely tiny compared to the power supply so it likely still puts out the same signal levels.
Running lower voltage will tend to make the chips run hotter because they are pulling more amperage. This may cut the live in the long run.

If you have the proper power supply that is best. Otherwise I would go to the 12volt 2amp one it is much better than a 9volt

If you really want to learn how this works spend some time reading what amp/volt/watt actually are and how they are mathematically related.

Solution