[SOLVED] Does using Integrated Vega 11 GPU in Ryzen 5 2400g decreases life of the APU?

Apr 3, 2021
Just using it with only ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 Memory Module 8GB 3000MHz and it gives decent frames on Valorant which i play most of the time.
I Will buy a new GPU after a few months.

Solution
It doesnt decrease its lifespan.
All you need to worry about is keeping it cool, and it will for a very long time.
CPU's are very unlikely to die, just maintain them, keep them cool and ur all good.
Apr 3, 2021
Extremely unlikely to have any measurable impact.

Silicon almost never fails unless something else failed first. The most common CPU/GPU failure outside overclocking is a chip capacitor failing shorted, causing a high-side VRM FET to also fail shorted and dump 12V into Vcore.

Meaning i can play games and it won't have much effect on it's life span.

InvalidError

Titan
If you dont overwork them, they last longer than all components in the pc
Give CPUs clean power, adequate cooling and they'll keep running indefinitely. All of my PCs have spent many years at 100% 24/7 load doing one thing or another, all of them have survived well beyond their useful life. I still have a C2D E8400 in my living room that is on about 6h/day, still works great apart from its audio output disappearing whenever it resumes from standby.

Reactions: Dj0gany

filipberlin36

Reputable
Aug 28, 2017
Maybe like me (looking a GPU, what a wonder -.-) he did read that 2nd hand cards, which if you are lucky and they are not posted @ebay or somewhere, where scalpers only wait to buy good offers immediately or make a bid high enough to keep the few people who bid the first 200€ or so than away when it goes to 250€ or so... there was an article where they made tests with some for sure 24/7 used Pascal Cards, overwhelming number of type they used was the 1080 Ti, but also 1080 from the pretty long period without Ti was running even a while longer and with every new 3080/3090 they get almost daily more and more 1080 Ti are replaced, because of RTX but low "normal" performance boosts only its like with normal gamers, the 20-series especially high-end and before "Super" didn't sell soo good, the 2060 Super and the 1650/1660 were not really interesting for miners, the 2070 Super was the best-sold gaming card, however from Pascal also some 1070 (Ti) and 1060 3/6G were bought from miners, they said they only test the cards... and almost every card was compared to a new card in some cases over 50% slower (dont know "where" exactly, but I think in total fps average? Tools like GPU-Z still showed the same clocks and GB/s. memory bandwith as its coming out of the box, but this wasn't the case).

The cards were used on average a bit over 3 years to over 4 years for the earliest pascal, especially 1080. I was always wondering why "scalpers" or miners still should buy 1080 TI and normal 1080, or who pushes the price so damn high... my 1070 (the smallest 1070 for normal/large Desktops, shop I bought it got a mass discount for them and I bought it too as a 1080 Ti was almost 3-times as much, more than I usually did spend on whole Desktops... after that I'm much more careful with 2nd hand cards... the 1080 Ti was a think I looked a while ago because non-RTX performance is really great and yea now we have the so far worst-scenario ever, or to be exactly DirectX-Raytracing even is activated since pre-2060 release drivers for cards 1060 6GB and better via Software, to show how superior the GDDR6 architecture works and that 2060 will have no problems, the explanation was used later for the models being upgraded from GDDR5 to 6 in the 16-series cards, where they are around 2.5-times faster than GDDR5X or simple GDDR5? This still is not even close enough for a 15-20fps FHD game, not on the 1080 Ti and not on the latest 1660 Super OC bla card...

Hardcore gamers even if playing in teams in 24/7 would need depending on the game I think in the worst case over 2 times as much, but on average it would take over 10 years than since in gaming the cards always have breaks, when videos are playing the GPU use goes down, when an area or large parts of an open world close to you are loaded there is always a break which Mining doesn't seem to have or only in small numbers... and I dont know why such an magazine (it was German with using also some references from abroad) should lie? But really would be interesting to know if in developing countries there maybe are people which try to start with cards like 1080 Ti or 2060 Super (with its +2GB and the other stuff it benefits almost the most from Super, thats why Nvidia allowed production of 1650/1660, 1050 Ti and 2060 Non-Super or only few Super, its scary how many 2060 Super, 2060, 1660 Super, 1660 or 1650 Super you find in "Gaming Desktops" ready to buy, except the GPU's where they have to take what Nvidia allows to produce it seems they sell the stuff people didn't wanted to buy or not for the normal price, like i9-10850k (most are 700 or so), I always bought computers since 2003 in a small shop joint-venture, they had some systems they recommended until 2010 when they stopped printing flyers and until 2014 also the .pdf stopped, but even the old recommended systems were never ready, you always had to pay 10% in advance and depending on which parts you selected (as they could offer you everything what a retailer could buy legal on the EU Market, I liked it because I had some uncool expierence with hardware and trying to "play" with it in the 90's and so I got everything ready but still I decided about every part, the recommended systems as a teenager were a help, but I always exceeded the budget because something better here and sometimes they had something on stock, they worked without stocks if possible, only for the absolute basics stocks existed, but here and there someone didn't wanted to buy something or a new GPU series came out and the showed boxes ATI/AMD vs Nvidia mid-class could be sold as the new gen boxes were coming or already were standing there...

I miss the time, I mean yea I had no 2700X after release, only once a Pentium 3 500 MHz on X-Mas 1999 but the 3D accelerator didnt work, friend of my mom wanted to make a "surprise" and bought in a small shop with... people where I would buy nothing, arabs and people from the balkan, we were as south-center as you can imagine and they were extreme far north, both in west-berlin but stupid to buy it so far away and on credit from his daughter... but yea, the great cpu worked at least and I played almost only diablo2 and than something was installed because SiS 8xxx with 8MB, it was put on board or somehow it had no own memory afair, even Diablo2 didn't run with the so called "3d effects", but this today... I asked my self in the mid 90's already when I made first internet expierence whats gonna happen one day when all the asians and africans and some from South/Central-America + Mexico will make enough money to buy at least "budget"-systems like I do now, even didnt think about consoles as the PS1 was new here and Amiga, Super Nintendo... Amiga was more "Computer" itself than SNES, and Playstation1 I didn't see the potential at this time and even if the complete different way it worked, it was like a gameboy... nothing I thought could create problems for "us" private customers from the developed countries... smartphones made everything even much more complicated :X)

Just using it with only ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 Memory Module 8GB 3000MHz and it gives decent frames on Valorant which i play most of the time.
I Will buy a new GPU after a few months.

For the most part a transistor is a transistor and there is no practical difference between an IGPU transistor and a cpu one.

So the same rules apply: Keep it cool below 80c. Don't over volt or overclock too much unless you seriously know what you are doing.

These are low power chips (65 W TDP). So it's unlikely to stress the vrms/caps on your motherboard either. That's a point of failure more likely to happen with high power CPUs on cheaper motherboards.

InvalidError

Titan
These are low power chips (65 W TDP). So it's unlikely to stress the vrms/caps on your motherboard either. That's a point of failure more likely to happen with high power CPUs on cheaper motherboards.
If an MLCC is going to fail, it will fail. Chip capacitor failures is one of the most common failures in low-power portable electronics like cell phones after water damage and we're talking ~2W chips there. Of course, mobile stuff is far more likely to get exposed to vibrations and mechanical shock which are bad for MLCCs than desktop PCs.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
If an MLCC is going to fail, it will fail. Chip capacitor failures is one of the most common failures in low-power portable electronics like cell phones after water damage and we're talking ~2W chips there. Of course, mobile stuff is far more likely to get exposed to vibrations and mechanical shock which are bad for MLCCs than desktop PCs.

I don't have statistical data. But when I see failures on motherboards it's usually failed caps and vrms. If you have stats saying mlcc fail first I believe you.