Question Does VPN Located in an Offshore Make it More Secure from 5, 9 and 12 Eyes?

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Was contemplating between Windscribe and ProtonVPN until I found this article:

The Windscribe owners claim that offshore location outside of surveillance countries only protects founders. I read that in Switzerland VPNs are not requited to store log session information and that there is no court order to hand out user information.
Why would Canadian-based Windscribe won't be less secure? They are required by law to comply with enforcement agencies right? And while they claim they don't store log session information can I trust them on that?

Was contemplating between Windscribe and ProtonVPN until I found this article:

The Windscribe owners claim that offshore location outside of surveillance countries only protects founders. I read that in Switzerland VPNs are not requited to store log session information and that there is no court order to hand out user information.
Why would Canadian-based Windscribe won't be less secure? They are required by law to comply with enforcement agencies right? And while they claim they don't store log session information can I trust them on that?
I wouldn't trust ANYTHING about Canadian laws and regulations.