[SOLVED] Does Windows 10 System Restore solve Srt trail error?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Hi, some weeks ago, I was plagued by Srt trail error. Caught completely by surprise, and I had no System Restore active during that time.

the youtube videos trying the fixboot fixmbr methods never worked for me . Managed to resolve the problem by installing an SSD.. thread for reference. But it's a major pain, because I had to reinstall again almost all games, because most of them stopped working. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/help-bad-system-config-unable-to-go-into-desktop.3726825/

have disabled Windows 10 update... because I suspect the error was caused by windows update trying to install a new version of Windows 10 that is unstable or got corrupted.

I'm curious if people have solved this problem by System Restore? Because have now turned on System Restore, and gave some decent space for restore points. To hopefully help solve the problem, in case SRT Trail error happens again.

USAFRet

Titan
A System Restore point from today will not fix a problem the system had before today.

Does this issue still occur with the new install on the new drive?
Did you install this OS with ONLY the SSD connected?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
problem is already fixed. I just turned on System Restore... so it could help fix srt trail error if it occurs again sometime in the future. And also to ask if some people fixed the problem with system restore.

issue does not occur anymore.

yeah, I installed OS into the SSD with the HDD disconnected. :)