Question Does xmp profile affects CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
Whenever I enable the XMP profile, My CPU runs 4-5c hotter (Ryzen 5 2600 - Corsair veg. 3000mhz 8gb). Is my CPU is overclocked? (As Ryzen CPUs are easily overclocked) Or it because ram goes up from 2100 to 3000 MHz, Cpu can work faster without being overclocked(It removed the CPU bottleneck I mean). Do you guys anything about this?

Solution
Whenever I enable the XMP profile, My CPU runs 4-5c hotter (Ryzen 5 2600 - Corsair veg. 3000mhz 8gb). Is my CPU is overclocked? (As Ryzen CPUs are easily overclocked) Or it because ram goes up from 2100 to 3000 MHz, Cpu can work faster without being overclocked(It removed the CPU bottleneck I mean). Do you guys anything about this?
Simple answer: yes.

But only if the XMP profile is clocking memory to a higher speed. Reason is because the Infinity Fabric (IF) clock speed is directly tied to memory clock speed. IF is the internal data interconnect that feeds data around inside the processor. Speed that up and the cores don't wait for data as much and keep on pumping code instead of waiting. Code pumping cores generate...

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018

But only if the XMP profile is clocking memory to a higher speed. Reason is because the Infinity Fabric (IF) clock speed is directly tied to memory clock speed. IF is the internal data interconnect that feeds data around inside the processor. Speed that up and the cores don't wait for data as much and keep on pumping code instead of waiting. Code pumping cores generate more heat.
So yeah, it makes sense. And 2100 to 3000Mtps, or 1050-1500Mhz in IF terms, is quite an increase so it should be noticeable.

Solution

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018

But only if the XMP profile is clocking memory to a higher speed. Reason is because the Infinity Fabric (IF) clock speed is directly tied to memory clock speed. IF is the internal data interconnect that feeds data around inside the processor. Speed that up and the cores don't wait for data as much and keep on pumping code instead of waiting. Code pumping cores generate more heat.
So yeah, it makes sense. And 2100 to 3000Mtps, or 1050-1500Mhz in IF terms, is quite an increase so it should be noticeable.
Yup, Thanks for technical things. I suspected it but didn' t know what actually it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.