Does your game run fairly fast (sims2)?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:56:14 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
wrote:

>Have you tried NewEgg? That's where I bought my video card and my son
>bought all the stuff
>to build his computer, it's a pretty good site and popular.
>
>http://www.newegg.com/

I always refer americans to that site, hehe. Webshops are where it's
at for computer equipment, no matter what country you're in :)

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:27:36 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>Every one I've been able to find online was well over $200, though. That
>one you list up there is $200.

Indeed... if you don't want to order online (it is perfectly safe from
reputable webshops) get that one, or tell me whatever electronic shops
are near you hehe

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:27:36 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>
>> Every one I've been able to find online was well over $200, though.
>> That one you list up there is $200.
>
> Indeed... if you don't want to order online (it is perfectly safe from
> reputable webshops) get that one, or tell me whatever electronic shops
> are near you hehe

I live in the middle of nowhere and Best Buy is about all we have around
here. They sell some of that stuff at Staples, but not much selection
there. Other than that, it's Walmart or shopping online. I'll have to wait
a while on it, though I do intend to buy it as soon as I can.

Jeanie

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:38:05 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
wrote:

>Well, I declare! I figured such. LOL Oh well, it's good they stopped
>using it. I'll be more
>careful with the next computer I buy. Not sure I want anymore DELL's.
>LOL

Hehe... Rambus still exists as a daughter company of Intel I believe,
and they have lots of memory patents. I wouldn't be surprised if
Rambus made a comeback some years down the line :)

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:43:42 -0500, "Bathtub"
<eelliott@nospam.emilyw.com> wrote:

>No, most of the machines you can buy online (Dell, Gateway, etc) or in the
>store cost less than the computer I built. I spent about $800 to build a
>decent machine. My sister's Gateway cost her about $700. Most computer
>experts will tell you that it's cheaper to buy one out of the box, but
>usually better to build one yourself if you aren't afraid to try it.

The qualitative difference between factory computers and homebuilt is
usually pretty good. I could easily build a dell-equivalent computer,
cheaper. They use the cheapest stuff they can find and advertise only
the system's best qualities.

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:46:27 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
wrote:

>Yes, but they are just cheap computers. A good computer equaled to what
>you can build for
>800 dollars will be a lot more than 800 dollars store bought. That's
>what I meant. :)
>As the old sayin goes.......you get what you pay for. LOL or something
>to that effect.

In an ideal world maybe... in the computer world you get screwed lol

Factory built computers are a big no no... they're inflexible, hard to
upgrade, overpriced, you lose your warranty if you try to change
something, and they're composed of surpluss components.

> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> > On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:27:36 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Every one I've been able to find online was well over $200, though.
> >> That one you list up there is $200.
> >
> > Indeed... if you don't want to order online (it is perfectly safe from
> > reputable webshops) get that one, or tell me whatever electronic shops
> > are near you hehe
>
> I live in the middle of nowhere and Best Buy is about all we have around
> here. They sell some of that stuff at Staples, but not much selection
> there. Other than that, it's Walmart or shopping online. I'll have to
wait
> a while on it, though I do intend to buy it as soon as I can.
>
> Jeanie

In that case, let me add my www.newegg.com recommendation also. They've
got good prices and quick delivery, and they ship FedEx so you'll get a
tracking number :)

I ordered all the parts for my current (home-built) computer from them, and
have ordered various upgrades at other times. In fact, I was just there
today (must upgrade the wife's computer pronto...LOL!)

~Lucy