[SOLVED] Dolby Access License - Won't work - Log in issues ?

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hi

TL : DR - I've bought it, it definitely worked - but I think it's logged out and I can't figure how to fix it permanently?

This is for Windows 11 Pro.

I've just bought Dolby Access a few days ago for Gaming on my PC...

Adding the license definitely worked as I could see that after I logged it in etc.

But I think it was probably after the next time I went to use it after restarting the PC that I noticed the paid license part had disappeared. Not only that - I had almost finished the 7 day trial - and even that option was back again as well as the 'buy it for $22.xx" option beneath that.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's a log in issue?

I have one Microsoft account that I use for my Hotmail and at the same time as I bought the Dolby Access; I also bought an XBOX PC Subscription. The catch is - I used a different Microsoft Account for that (not the same one I use for my email).

I think it was during the Dolby license setup - I remember something popping up saying do you want to use this account for everything in Windows or just Microsoft stuff... and I think I chose the latter.

That's why I'm thinking that must be it ? But I could be wrong ?

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling but don't see how to log into it ?
I've searched online but even now I'm just not sure how to fix it ?

I really hope there is a solution that doesn't require me to constantly fix this over and over every time I log into my Hotmail or XBOX accounts?

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help

Ralston18

Titan
Did you actually purchase the license or are all the problems happening with the trial version?

In any case, you must contact Dolby for assistance with licensing and login problems.

And likewise contact Microsoft and/or XBOX PC if they are indeed contributing to the problem(s).

Something may not be playing well with Windows 11. Or vice-versa.

Did you actually purchase the license or are all the problems happening with the trial version?

In any case, you must contact Dolby for assistance with licensing and login problems.

And likewise contact Microsoft and/or XBOX PC if they are indeed contributing to the problem(s).

Something may not be playing well with Windows 11. Or vice-versa.
Well, he said above he bought Dolby Access, and entered the license, and the license showed. So my guess is he's using the wrong account login, and perhaps can't remember the login of the other one. Or, he needs to change the parameters of the account used for Dolby and specify everything in Windows.

At any rate, either contacting MS, or using their support page for changing or retrieving account settings/logins would be the thing to do I would guess.

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
@Ralston18
@Frag Maniac

Hey Guys

Yes - as I said I did buy it, it did work... and I'm pretty sure it's a login issue with the MS account but I can't quite find how to log into it again to make it stay put so this doesn't keep happening (Meaning I know the login just not where to input it for the Dolby App and or Win 11?

While I will ask MS etc if I have to - I don't expect that to be fast if any response at all.

That's why I'm asking here now because a quick google shows that there are loads of people who've had the same issues - so hopefully someone found the answers and can share it here?

cheers

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
@Frag Maniac

Thanks - while that wasn't quite what I needed - I did manage to find how to log out of the MS Store and log in with the other email I had used to buy stuff. So you helped me get there in the end.

It's all working and paid for now again!

Cheers!