adelivuk

Honorable
Mar 31, 2014
Hello,

I have 55RU7172 TV in my living room and I decided to buy Samsung Harman Kardon HW-Q70 Dolby Atmos 3.1.2 for it.

It works quite nice (youtube demo dolby atmos videos) however whenever I want to stream some movie the TV returns "the audio format is not supported".

I know that the TV doesn't support DTS but how can I play dolby atmos stuff on it?

Thanks

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Atmos is Dolby. DTS is a different brand. Your TV should still be able to handle Atmos. You'll need to hook up your HDMI from your TV, using the ARC channel, to your HK sound bar. Open up Netflix on your TV and select a show that is done in Atmos. "Cursed" is one that I know of off the top of my head, and the one I keep going back to for testing since it shows at the top of my list. In the Audio options, it should show Atmos instead of Stereo or 5.1.
In the TV sound settings, you may need to go to expert and make sure Atmos Compatibility is selected. Your TV is the same year as mine, RU8000, so most of the stuff should be the same, and should work pretty much like mine.