[done] Unearthed Atari E.T. Cartridges Will be Up for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkydoo

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2002
I would bet money that they still work. *sigh* Too bad they dont make things like they used to...
Yeah, those Atari carts always worked. Now recall the 8 bit Nintendo carts. Many a kid ruptured a lung blowing 'dust' out of those carts trying to get their high dollar games to work. Thinking back on it, it was probably the little drops of spittle landing on the contacts that lubed up the connection and got it working.

Funny, I remember reading a few years ago on one of those myth/hoax busting sites that this story was just another myth.

Atari cartridges did the same thing to an extent. I remember beating those damn games into the system(and dust got into the systems contacts as well). The issues with NES was that the connector inside the system was just badly made.

Snes and 64 games seemed to be much more reliable than Atari and NES.

I am sure I still have Atari games and at least 2 Ataris. Power adapters are another problem. I am sure those are long gone, but I still have a plug that fits so it would not be much of an issue.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I would bet money that they still work. *sigh* Too bad they dont make things like they used to...
Yeah, those Atari carts always worked. Now recall the 8 bit Nintendo carts. Many a kid ruptured a lung blowing 'dust' out of those carts trying to get their high dollar games to work. Thinking back on it, it was probably the little drops of spittle landing on the contacts that lubed up the connection and got it working.

Funny, I remember reading a few years ago on one of those myth/hoax busting sites that this story was just another myth.

It wasn't the carts that were the issue it was the console. I replaced the connector on my NES and the damn thing works better than new. If you take one apart the connector looks like crap, while the cart might look a little dull it still does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.