Don't know how to connect card reader

Jan 10, 2019
Hi!
I've run into a bit of a problem here. I've no clue how to connect my card reader to my motherboard.
I'm fairly certain it's an ancient reader, but should work nonetheless I hope. I have one open USB thing on my motherboard, but connecting it randomly there probably isn't the best idea. It has 2 identical wires, both with VCC1 USB1- USB1+ and GND1. VCC1 USB1- and USB1+ are one part and GND1 is another part. I'm usually somewhat decent with PC's, but I have never had to connect something like this so I'm kinda stuck here. Google isn't doing much to help me either atm.

Solution
Here's the pinout of USB 2.0 internal header on your MoBo, it solves your connection issue:
image:
cpx101_2p11.gif

In other words, connect the wire with USB1+ and USB1- to the USB1+ and USB1- pins, mind the positive pin; and connect GND1 wire to GND pin.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Here's the pinout of USB 2.0 internal header on your MoBo, it solves your connection issue:
image:
cpx101_2p11.gif

In other words, connect the wire with USB1+ and USB1- to the USB1+ and USB1- pins, mind the positive pin; and connect GND1 wire to GND pin.

Solution