Question Doom 2016 Causes Computer to Reboot Immediately Upon Application Launch.

Oct 6, 2019
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF
Installed Ram: 16 GB
Graphics Adapter: AMD Radeon R9 370
Primary System Drive: INTEL SSDSCKJW240H6
Secondary Data Drive: WDC WD1003FBYZ-010FB0
I can Run a Belarc Advisor system Report if you guys need more System Information.

This is the only program to do this on the Machine. I can Run Furmark and Cinemark R20 at the Same time, Both CPU and GPU Maxed out for Hours with no problems, This Rules out the Power Supply. I have the Latest Drivers Installed and I always perform a clean install of the drivers for Stability Reasons. I have already tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Offending Program.

Doom 2016 Used to work on this machine Flawlessly, Until my Feature Update Withholding ran out ( I withhold for 200 Days) and It Forced me to Build 1903. Ever since the Upgrade I haven't been able to play this game, What I'm wondering is if anyone else has encountered this, and if they have any workarounds.

I am considering Installing Enterprise LTSB 2016 or Enterprise LTSC 2019 Just so I can Avoid these Problems in the future..

Oct 6, 2019
Did you re-install your video drivers AFTER the 1903 update? Is Windows up to date, fully, now?

Do any other games have issues?

Yes, I Updated the Video Drivers After the Update, That's Just standard Procedure.
Yes Windows Is Fully Updated.

So far It's Just Doom 2016

Fallout 4, Heavily Modded With F4SE Works
Skyrim SE Heavilly Modded With SKSE64 Works
Skyrim Oldrim Heavilly Modded with SKSE Works
Saints Row the Third On Max Settings Works
Medal of Honor Airborne Max Settings Works
House of the Dying Sun Works
Doom Original Via GZDoom and Modded Via ZDL Works

Haven't Tried yet since Update
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Warfighter
Osiris New Dawn
Strike Suit Infinity
Overwatch
Star Trek Online

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, is there an issue wit the steam version that I should be aware of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not particularly, just identifying the source of the game. Have you used the Steam tools to ensure the game is in good order?

Oct 6, 2019
Not particularly, just identifying the source of the game. Have you used the Steam tools to ensure the game is in good order?

Yes, that’s my go-to for steam game issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk