[SOLVED] Doom Eternal - Microstutter when strafing and turning?

Jun 7, 2024
Anyone else ever had this issue? I'm playing at a solid 240 fps and everything is smooth as butter unless I move my mouse while I'm strafing, which is really annoying because this is the kind of game that encourages you to always be moving and shooting. It's not a huge stutter or anything, but more like slightly choppy. I have a 240hz monitor with a frame cap set to 237 because I use g-sync. It seems to happen with RT on and off.

It happens everywhere but I'm currently in early game, after going through the fireball tunnels and jumping a gap. I'm at an arena with a lot of zombies and a spider demon spawns at the end.

Probably the easiest way to test the issue is to stare at a light on the wall and then walk left or right while keeping your aiming reticle on the light. If you're having the issue, the light should seem jittery like it's twitching. It's also easy to notice if you're airborne and move the mouse. Objects in the distance seem stuttery.

View: https://imgur.com/a/tvuKLC4

But like I said, I can do this anywhere and notice it happening.

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3D
CPU cooler: NZXT KRAKEN X73
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WiFi - BIOS Ver. 7D75v1F (04-24-2024)
Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 RAM 32GB 6000MT/s
SSD: SAMSUNG SSD 990 PRO 2TB, PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280
GPU: MSI Gaming RTX 4080 Super 16G Expert
PSU: CORSAIR RMx Shift Series RM1000x (Barely a week of use.)
Chassis: NZXT H710i (white)
Monitor: LG ‎27GS95QE 27-inch Ultragear OLED Gaming Monitor QHD 240Hz 0.03ms

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could host a video on a site like Imgur and then pass on a link for us to see what you've explained in the OP above.

As for your specs, you're advised to list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: Ootsymahdootsie
Jun 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could host a video on a site like Imgur and then pass on a link for us to see what you've explained in the OP above.

As for your specs, you're advised to list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
Thank you! Fixed.

Jun 7, 2024
Out of curiosity, did you use any software for that mouse?

My previous mouse was a Redragon M602 and I just used the software from their website. When I got the Razer DeathAdder V3, it automatically installed its own software (Razer Synapse), which allowed me to increase the polling rate to 8k.

I don't know if Redragon is just a brand to be avoided or what, but the mouse movement is much smoother now.