Discussion Dos attacks and hacker remotely accessing my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2021
My router is showing dos attacks and both my pc’s are being accessed by a hacker, I know whose doing it too but I don’t know how to stop them, I think they’re even calling my ISP and using my name and birthdate/ssi number to ask my isp for my current IP address coming from the modem. She has everything needed to do identity theft that’s how she’s able to do it and I don’t know what I can do to stop her.

You give hackers too much credit.

If you call the ISP they are not going to give you the IP address. They are going to tell you how to find it yourself, and they should be very suspect if you claim you can't find it.

Even with the IP address it does not allow access to your internal machines. You only have 1 IP address and both your machines share that IP, that is the purpose of the router. Your router is really stupid and since it does not know which of the 2 internal machines to send the so called hackers data to it will just discard it. People that want to run game servers in their house have to do all kinds of special setup in the router to make it actually send data to the server.

True DoS attacks just eat up your bandwidth they do not actually give the user access. Most of what you see in router logs is false, and is just hackers scanning for people who have misconfigured equipment. The log in the router means the router is stopping the traffic. It still uses your bandwidth but I doubt there is enough to actually affect your connection. Someone would have to pay to a service to do a true denial of service. Someone who tries to do it from their house would exceed their own upload bandwidth before they exceeded your download bandwidth.

If you actually think your PC are being accesses remotely there must be software installed on them. Try running malwarebytes first and then if you still think there is something format the drive and reinstall windows.

You should also make sure you have changed the default admin and wifi radio passwords on your router but in most cases these are printed on the router and even the ISP does not know them. You have to be able to look at the sticker on the box to know them.

My router is showing dos attacks and both my pc’s are being accessed by a hacker, I know whose doing it too but I don’t know how to stop them, I think they’re even calling my ISP and using my name and birthdate/ssi number to ask my isp for my current IP address coming from the modem. She has everything needed to do identity theft that’s how she’s able to do it and I don’t know what I can do to stop her.

I dont think you fully understand a DOS attack or how these people operate.

If an attacker really had such access you wouldn't know it or see it.

Question, how, specifically, do you KNOW that your PC's have been compromised? (actual details, not just "I just know")

D

Deleted member 14196

if there is someone you know doing bad things, you can always get the authorities involved as well.

ajohnson30

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
Your router is like a telephone with an incoming call blocker. People can call it all the time, but unless you specifically put an entry in it to let them call you, they cant. Otherwise you just use it to call out.

Status
Not open for further replies.