[SOLVED] dota 2

Jun 29, 2020
Hello everyone

The only game i now play is dota 2 ;)

I Have this problem

When i am playing dota 2 in high settings i'm getting 70 fps which is very good for that system and it does play very well but sometimes there is a 2-3 seconds freeze and then the game runs normal again. I wanna know what is causing this problem.

My pc spec

motherboard asus P7H55
cpu i5 750 @ 2.67
graphic card nvidio ge force GT1030
and i use 2x4gb ram

And another thing. I m thinking of buying the b450m motherboard with the ryzen 3 3200g but my graphic card is too weak for the cpu. Do u think its worth it?

Solution
Freezes in-game usually happen due to some form of bottleneck. It could be that for 2-3 seconds the RAM peaks at 8GB and causes stutters, it could be that you have some driver issues being too old because the game doesn't support it well anymore, or that your CPU or GPU is spiking as well.

My best guess would be that your CPU is causing some form of bottleneck due to the low clock speed but I could be wrong since the GPU isn't either crazy powerful. You'll need to do some testing on your side for us to tell you more. A good place to start is to pick up something like MSI afterburner that will allow you to monitor the behaviour of your CPU, RAM, and GPU while you're gaming. You can set an in-game overlay where it shows you the stats...
Freezes in-game usually happen due to some form of bottleneck. It could be that for 2-3 seconds the RAM peaks at 8GB and causes stutters, it could be that you have some driver issues being too old because the game doesn't support it well anymore, or that your CPU or GPU is spiking as well.

My best guess would be that your CPU is causing some form of bottleneck due to the low clock speed but I could be wrong since the GPU isn't either crazy powerful. You'll need to do some testing on your side for us to tell you more. A good place to start is to pick up something like MSI afterburner that will allow you to monitor the behaviour of your CPU, RAM, and GPU while you're gaming. You can set an in-game overlay where it shows you the stats while you're playing and whenever a freeze/stutter happens, you just need to look at what's happening.

There's no such thing as your GPU being too weak for the CPU. In my opinion, the bad bottlenecks for gaming are when the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU. When the GPU is bottlenecking the CPU - in my opinion, it's not that bad.

Keep in mind that you also need to buy new RAM as you will need DDR4. I hope you took this into account.

Maybe I can help you with some recommendations? What is your budget and where do you live?

Solution
Jun 29, 2020
You can set an in-game overlay where it shows you the stats while you're playing and whenever a freeze/stutter happens, you just need to look at what's happening.

How can i do that? I installed msi afterburner but i dont know what to do next /:

Jun 29, 2020
There's no such thing as your GPU being too weak for the CPU. In my opinion, the bad bottlenecks for gaming are when the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU. When the GPU is bottlenecking the CPU - in my opinion, it's not that bad.

I read it at bottleneck calculator

USAFRet

Titan

I read it at bottleneck calculator
"I read it at bottleneck calculator"

And if you believe anything at that site, I have a bridge to sell you.
That thing is pure garbage. Snake oil. Total fantasy.

TRENDING THREADS