Double Monitor on 1 Graphic Card ?

Jun 22, 2018
AMD 7 1700
Msi b350m Bazooka
Gtx 1060 OC

So my main monitor is connected to the HDMI port on my 1060 card, and i plug my 2nd monitor to the DVI port using VGA to DVI connector ..

when it on bios menu, the screen on 2nd monitor is on, but the 1st monitor off, and my 2nd monitor work fine "ONLY ON BIOS"
and when it comes to windows, the 2nd monitor is not detected. and the 1st monitor is on ..

i tried driver update not work
i went to bios on integrated graphic setting, it does not have any option at all ..

i tried to plug the 2nd monitor on the msi b350m Mobo, not work at all .

Wolfshadw

Titan
The 10xx series cards from NVidia dropped support for VGA (analog) signals. The port on your graphics card is a DVI-D (digital only) and a standard DVI to VGA adapter will not work. If the second monitor has a digital connection (DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort), use those from your graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Jun 22, 2018

sorry but how do i now my 2nd monitor has digital connection ?? my 2nd monitor is pretty old (Dell SE197FP)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Specs state:

15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)

This is commonly know as VGA and it's the only input you have, so no. It doesn't have a digital input. Since the first generation of Ryzen CPUs do not include on-board graphics, you have to use the graphics card. You can try an Active converter (DVI-D to VGA, HDMI to VGA, DisplayPort to VGA), but finding one that actually works well can be problematic. Since I have no experience with them, I generally don't make a recommendation.

The other option would be to get a new monitor that does have a digital input (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort). Probably not what you want to hear, but this is what I would recommend.

-Wolf sends

Jun 22, 2018

What is an active converter ?? is it different from a normal converter ? https://imgur.com/a/OqUqrS3 this one is what i bought to use .. sorry i dont really know

Wolfshadw

Titan
And that is exactly why I don't recommend them. The image you linked *should* be an active converter and should work. Here is an example of a passive adapter (DVI-I to VGA)

15pindual._dvi-i-male-24-5-to-vga-female-15-pin-connector-analog-adapter-dual.jpg

-Wolf sends

Jun 22, 2018

yeah the converter work, and the 2nd monitor only on when it booting session (the boot appear on 2nd monitor instead of main monitor and if go to bios setting, my 2nd monitor work fine, but the 1st monitor remain off)
and when it on windows, the 2nd monitor gone, the 1st monitor on again ..

when i check on my display, it did not detect any monitor ..