Double monitors but offset center?

GLORIOUSPCMASTER

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
I want to get a second monitor but the part I hate is that for gaming the sights are literally right in the middle of the two. I was wondering if i could have a screen for my main gaming view and have a second screen to the side on
1. The game but have the crosshairs centered on one of the monitors.
2. A different window on the second monitor
Would either be possible?
Thanks

Solution
The concept of dual monitor gaming is what I outlined above. 1 Gaming monitor and 1 general purpose monitor.

The two monitors will never share a single game screen. You can't accomplish this in Eyefinity or with NV Surround because game developers can see the very obvious 800lb. gorilla in the room (two bezels in the target focal point).

Outside of gaming, dual monitors is very convenient for nearly every task. This is very much a dead horse now, in any language.
I've never seen a game that plays on two monitors due to item #1 on your list. You game on 1 monitor because no dev is going split-screen a cross-hair at the same time handi-capping your focal point of any mousing action.

Dual monitor setups result in one gaming monitor and 1 browsing monitor.

LOL, OK... I will admit you can select to duplicate your desktop and have the same single image on both monitors. That is the extent of gaming on two monitors. There is no changing of a resolution to make your game fit on both monitors. There is no magic setting in Control Panel either that will accomplish what you are saying.

Care to specifically outline how you accomplished this feat?

GLORIOUSPCMASTER

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

yeah sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te5NPbrD_nI
i did it a while back with a friends monitor but it worked, some games may not support it though. Rarely

GLORIOUSPCMASTER

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

it works for double as well

GLORIOUSPCMASTER

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

do i need to get another one or? its in italian i believe but dont judge if im wrong but you get the concept of dual monitor gaming

The concept of dual monitor gaming is what I outlined above. 1 Gaming monitor and 1 general purpose monitor.

The two monitors will never share a single game screen. You can't accomplish this in Eyefinity or with NV Surround because game developers can see the very obvious 800lb. gorilla in the room (two bezels in the target focal point).

Outside of gaming, dual monitors is very convenient for nearly every task. This is very much a dead horse now, in any language.

Solution
Apr 29, 2020

it works for double as well

dont know how old this post is but Nvidia Surround is acutlly possible with dule monitors because it is what i have however it is because it is setup on a laptop and the 3rd screen comes from the laptop screen but in not included in the Nvidia Surround.