Question Downgraded from a 5 5600G to a 1 700x now pc won't boot

Sep 4, 2024
I changed the cpu in the HP Victus 15L prebuild to a ryzen 1 700x and now the pc wont boot. All fans start spinning when powering the pc including the gpu. So far i have tried to, Reset CMOS, switched RAM places and tried booting with only one ram stick, checked all connections and unplugged and plugged them all back in. I have confirmed that the 1 700x is working by trying it on another motherboard. Guess that it could be some motherboard related issue but can't seem to get a reason to why. Any suggestions on what i could do to get it up back and running would be appreciated.

Sep 4, 2024
This is probably a CPU/motherboard compatibility issue. The motherboard may not recognize the 1st generation Ryzen and there likely isn't a way to force it to.

Why this change any way?
Uppgrading the CPU in my main PC, bought this prebuilt of FB to try and swap CPU and then sell it off again

kanewolf

Titan
Do you think its possible to install an older version of bios without going into boot. IDK if this motherboard has such an option
That may not improve anything anyway. It is an HP. There was a very specific set of CPUs that HP sold with that model. You will need to find that list and pick a CPU that HP supported.
If you had a generic motherboard, this would be simpler. But HP can play by their own rules.

Reactions: COLGeek
Sep 4, 2024
That may not improve anything anyway. It is an HP. There was a very specific set of CPUs that HP sold with that model. You will need to find that list and pick a CPU that HP supported.
If you had a generic motherboard, this would be simpler. But HP can play by their own rules.
i see, thnaks for the help