[SOLVED] Downgrading graphics card troubleshooting

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, I am currently building a new pc for my little brother but im using my old motherboard. I installed a gtx 1050 ti before and I haven’t uninstalled the drivers on it. I tried using the gtx 660 I just bought and there was no video output. Is there anything that could help? Much appreciated.

Solution
Nope, I did not remove gpu and I’m going to clear cmos first and get back
Well, remove the gpu, then try onboard.
Maybe the gpu isnt outputting a display but the pc thinks it to be the main signal.

First try onboard with the gpu removed, then clear cmos
Jun 14, 2020
Do you get a signal with the 1050 ti?

or on board? (intel integrated)
You can delete the drivers of the 660 with the 1050 ti installed.

The pc I’m building for my brother is using my old motherboard with a newly bought 660 but the motherboard was previously used by me with a 1050ti. I’m not getting any video output with the onboard and the 660. After, I tried putting my 1050 ti back on the old motherboard and still no video signal from the 1050 ti and onboard.

Ohhh okay. i understand what happened. i thought the other way around.

okay, first of all, clear cmos
Then if that doesnt work, try a different hard drive, but since you say it has no signal its probably not the drive.

when you tried onboard, did you disconnect the gpu?

Jun 14, 2020
Ohhh okay. i understand what happened. i thought the other way around.

okay, first of all, clear cmos
Then if that doesnt work, try a different hard drive, but since you say it has no signal its probably not the drive.

when you tried onboard, did you disconnect the gpu?

Nope, I did not remove gpu and I’m going to clear cmos first and get back

Jun 14, 2020
Well, remove the gpu, then try onboard.
Maybe the gpu isnt outputting a display but the pc thinks it to be the main signal.

First try onboard with the gpu removed, then clear cmos

A new error occurred.. After windows was installed, I proceeded to install my graphics card. Same thing happened, no video output from the onboard and graphics card. Tried switching the onboard display from auto to enable but still no video output from either