Question Download latest update of windows 11 using with "Media Creation Tool" for old PC

May 21, 2022
I downloaded windows 11 ISO image with this bat file :
https://github.com/AveYo/MediaCreationTool.bat
Enterprise Edition
But it seems there is a problem about this iso file.
First of all the command below has error on these files to get windows os versions :
dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile: M :\ sources\install.esd
As you see install extension is esd not wim
Secondly rufus does not show any drop down list related to remove TPM & Secure Boot during create a bootable usb media with this iso.
Means there is a problem about this iso file.
After create a bootable usb with MBR format for old pc & reboot from usb it does not work and sticks on press any key to boot from usb page.
What is wrong about "Media Creation Tool"?
Where can i download pure and latest VL windows 11 enterprise iso with no issue?
I want to install that os on an old pc > No UEFI -> No GPT -> So rufus can help me on that

Colif

Win 11 Master
i didn't know ISO contained Enterprise eval copy, I just know getting an actual license of Enterprise is difficult.

I wonder how much functionality stops at the 90 day mark, I assume they not as lenient as running win 11 Home or Pro without a key.

USAFRet

Titan
i didn't know ISO contained Enterprise eval copy, I just know getting an actual license of Enterprise is difficult.

I wonder how much functionality stops at the 90 day mark, I assume they not as lenient as running win 11 Home or Pro without a key.
"Register, then download and install the full-featured software for a 90-day evaluation. "

"If you fail to activate this evaluation after installation, or if your evaluation period expires, the desktop background will turn black, you will see a persistent desktop notification indicating that the system is not genuine, and the PC will shut down every hour. "

First of all the command below has error on these files to get windows os versions :
As you see install extension is esd not wim
esd file is container for multiple .wim files inside (kinda like zip compressed file), so during installation user is able to choose windows version
wim file is installator, that enterprise edition doesnt have ESD file, so you dont need to get wim file from esd as its there already

Secondly rufus does not show any drop down list related to remove TPM & Secure Boot during create a bootable usb media with this iso.
Means there is a problem about this iso file.
After create a bootable usb with MBR format for old pc & reboot from usb it does not work and sticks on press any key to boot from usb page.
What is wrong about "Media Creation Tool"?
Where can i download pure and latest VL windows 11 enterprise iso with no issue?
I want to install that os on an old pc > No UEFI -> No GPT -> So rufus can help me on that
win 11 is UEFI only, it wont work on old legacy bios from installer iso
workaround would be to use win10 boot files to load up your win 11..
win 11 (boot.wim) contains pcat bootfiles (for some odd reason), but windows 11 boot iso does not

so you need win10 iso, get boot folder from there and put it inside win 11 iso

Last edited:
May 21, 2022
Thank you guys for the answers.
So finally tell me why the command below does not work on downloaded iso with bat file :
?????????????????

May 21, 2022
I downloaded windows 10 from that bat file > Business Edition > Enterprise > Every thing was ok about win 10.
But i faced that WimInfo issue about win 11.
Also rufus can not recognize that win 11 to show drop down bypass menu.

I downloaded windows 10 from that bat file > Business Edition > Enterprise > Every thing was ok about win 10.
But i faced that WimInfo issue about win 11.
Also rufus can not recognize that win 11 to show drop down bypass menu.
that iso has no esd file, thats why your bat file doesnt work

as for rufus, its open sourced, you could read source codes to find this:
https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/blob/master/src/format.c
line 1476 has hardcoded wim index number to 2, since your iso has only single wim, index number 2 will fail
your free to edit source and recompile

May 21, 2022
As i told in first post downloaded iso file has Install.esd.
Every iso of windows os has esd or wim file.
This is why i confused about output of win 11 of that bat file.
Another thing is there is no problem about MBR format during install of win 11.
There is no force about GPT & UEFI.
I test it with another iso and every thing was fine.
For old pc you should just bypass TPM-Secure Boot.
RAM-CPU-Storage Bypass if necessary and for my old pc there is no need to bypass them.
So i can install windows 11 on my old pc.
CPU -> 4 Cores AMD
RAM -> 8 GIG
Hard -> MBR
BIOS -> No UEFI
No Secure Boot
No TPM
At last i am looking for a business edition of win 11 (Enterprise) from official microsoft web site.
That bat file was very good - But i do n't know what happened about it's win 11 new update.
Every iso on microsoft web site is consumer edition.
I need to download Business edition.
Would be really appreciate help on that.

USAFRet

Titan
Questions:

1. Why Win 11 on this old unsupported system? There are ways of making it work, but WHY Win 11? Win 10 would install just fine.
  2. Why Enterprise? You can download an ISO file, direct from MS, for a 90 day trial. After that, you MUST have a valid Volume License for it. Which is NOT inexpensive.