Download All Versions of Mozilla Firefox 10 Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
When you upgrade Firefox, you need to delete your old saved files - cookies, cache, history (not bookmarks, they're fine). If you don't, you could have problems.

I found this out the hard way. Updated to Firefox 4, had trouble, read that I should delete those files, no more trouble. Worked like magic. :D

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]i think i will give it a try. opera has been a big epic fail for me the past few months[/citation]
I use Opera on a daily basis, it has been the most stable and efficient out of the three browsers I use. Chrome often breaks down by crashing Flash or Shockwave, while Firefox is the slowest out of the three. Opera gets the work done quickly and easily.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I wish they would release a 64-bit version for windows. They have the Aurora and Nightly builds in an optional x64 version, why not keep the x64 for release versions aswell?

math1337

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Wasn't it at version 4 a few months ago?...lol I'll give it a try until the flash plug-in crashes then it's back to IE.[/citation]

Did you ever try updating your flash plugin? It's usually not the browser's fault if a plugin doesn't work.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
I have the same problem with firefox crashing using flash, especially when switching to full screen, or from full screen. It is so hard to watch youtube with FF, it's faster, just unstable. Installed and uninstalled flash a dozen times, and it only happens with FF.

[citation][nom]pharoahhalfdead[/nom]I have the same problem with firefox crashing using flash, especially when switching to full screen, or from full screen. It is so hard to watch youtube with FF, it's faster, just unstable. Installed and uninstalled flash a dozen times, and it only happens with FF.[/citation]

you can fix problems like this by backing up your bookmarks, uninstalling firefox and tellign it to remove all user preferences, then reinstall it fresh and restore bookmarks and reinstall any addons.

[citation][nom]Northwestern[/nom]I use Opera on a daily basis, it has been the most stable and efficient out of the three browsers I use. Chrome often breaks down by crashing Flash or Shockwave, while Firefox is the slowest out of the three. Opera gets the work done quickly and easily.[/citation]

you must be lucky then. one of the big things with opera is it doesn't work well with face book. first it was the inability to post links on facebook with it but now when i navigate away from face book the browser crashes. the latest version doesn't fix these nor did the early versions of opera 12. its about time to switch to chrome

[citation][nom]azathoth[/nom]I wish they would release a 64-bit version for windows. They have the Aurora and Nightly builds in an optional x64 version, why not keep the x64 for release versions aswell?[/citation]

whats your problem? just because it doesn't have the name firefox on the titlebar this annoys you?

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]mauller07[/nom]you can just download nightly 64bit.[/citation]
Why go nightly when waterfox 10 is available tomorrow?

[citation][nom]mortsmi7[/nom]Why go nightly when waterfox 10 is available tomorrow?[/citation]

Nightly is already on version 12.0a1 and gets updated nightly like its name implies if you want to update it nightly.

But its all highly experimental.

D

Deleted member 431422

Again? Another version? I'm not changing my FF. If they try and force me I'll revert to some other browser which came with Debian.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
My final version of ff is 4.0 that I will ever fracken use. Its more for development anyway (to how my pages look in the ff browser).

Tomhardware and every other online publication should mock Mozilla for playing these stupid version games with everyone. Its bad enough that Google does it, in which it took them 3 years to hit version 16, but ff goes from 4~10 in 6 months?

Let's call it what it is... Today, Mozilla releases ff 4.6! I browser that became a POS from its unimaginative marketing and programming teams. (PS: I call firefox "ff" instead of "FF" as an insult, and I will always refer to any current version of ff as 4.x or 4.?)

A) the look of ff4.? is 99% Opera 10.x look which is about 2 years old... but without much of the functionality. Don't believe me? Download Opera 11.61 and give it a spin. Use it for a week or two and you'll know why ff has always blown chunks in most ways. Tab browsing, first on Opera. many features we see today on ff 4.0, Chrome and IE9 are copied from Opera.

B) Marketing. Coming up with Major revise versions every month or so... Sorry brain-damaged Mozilla Team, how many times have you been dropped on your heads? A few bug fixes and changing a font DOES NOT warranty a major version number change. If MS did that, MS-Word would version 350 by now.

There are more noticeable differences between Opera 11.50 and 11.61 than ff4.0~4.6. (Same for Chrome too). And when Opera does an update, there on the first welcome page is a link/listing of the changes made since the LAST update... which is great. And you can even very easily Download Opera 10~11 from the download page, click another link and even DL Opera 3.x for some strange reason.

Opera 11.0 came out Dec 2010, there are updates almost monthly, rarely twice a month (big fix).

Seriously folks, try out Opera 11 for a week or so. Its a 10MB download, its super easy to use and has very cool features. Speeddial, tab-grouping (kinda like Win7), tab thumbnails, zoom (which took IE / FF about 10 years to copy) and more.

Tired of the ff game or the almost daily updates to Chrome? IE9 tabs look like the address bar and only has room for about 3~5 tabs, ugh. Stick it to them - try out something els.e

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]i'll get firefox once the rendering engine can take advantage of more than 1 CPU core. Right now it can not, even with many tabs open.[/citation]

google chrome uses multiple cores when multiple tabs are opened, while the browser is not multithreaded, it gives each tab it's own process thus allowing windows to load balance.

If they could make a truly multithreaded browser, (especially if mozilla could), firefox will get 4-8 times faster instantly, which will crush every other browser.

acyuta

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Although I use FF at office, I find using it a problem at home especially I upgraded my GPU to GTX560. Sometimes, FF causes a crash in the display driver (display driver stopped working and has recovered). I am on FF10 now and upgraded my GPU from FF8/9beta (Nov 2011). Disabling Nvidia plugins in FF does work but sometimes does not. Any solutions.

D

Deleted member 431422

RE: Belardo

I'd use Opera, but I can't find good NoScript like plugin for it. I use FF ... cuz I got used to it ... and cuz it has NoScript.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
hmmm, I upgraded but it feels te same. Still freezes when downloads, bookmarks, and history windows are open. And the forward button is still very visible. I wish theyd fix the stability issues when other firefox feature windows are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.