Downloading files from a damaged Compact Flash card (I know they are still on it)

StarshipJake

Reputable
Sep 3, 2016
Hi everyone, first time posting here.

I have a Kingston Ultimate 266X 16GB compact flash card, which I've been using for quite a long time. It has always been very reliable, unfortunately today something finally went wrong. I'm using a USB adapter to move files to and from the card, but this time, the files don't appear - the only thing that is visible is a folder where those files used to be, still named the same, but it's empty. Now I know that in some form those files are still there, because there are over 2GB of space on that card that are occupied - exactly how much space files I had in there took. Is there any way for me to acces those files?

I want to be specific and say that it's not so much "fixing the card for future use" that I hope for the most, it's accesing the files that were already there, maybe that's important somehow.

Anyway, thanks in advance.
Jake

Solution
Alright, I got answered in another place. If anybody ever has a similar problem, for me Zero Assumption Recovery (ZAR) program did the trick and I recovered all my files.

StarshipJake

Reputable
Sep 3, 2016
Alright, I got answered in another place. If anybody ever has a similar problem, for me Zero Assumption Recovery (ZAR) program did the trick and I recovered all my files.

Solution