Downloads Folder Missing

I do not have the Downloads folder under my Sims 2 Folder or the Sims 2
University .... If I just insert a new folder named downloads will it work
the same? Do I put it under the Sims 2 Folder or the University Folder?

You put it in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

You probably can't see it because you're looking in the wrong place - it
isn't kept in the game folders but in My Documents. If there isn't one
there, you can make one or simply get Bodyshop to create one for you by
making a sim and saving it.

Best wishes
maxon

> You put it in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
>
> You probably can't see it because you're looking in the wrong place -
> it
> isn't kept in the game folders but in My Documents. If there isn't
> one
> there, you can make one or simply get Bodyshop to create one for you
> by
> making a sim and saving it.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

I went to Sims 2 website, downloaded some of their objects and the
download folder was made for me.

deene

eek - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that!

"deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message

> I went to Sims 2 website, downloaded some of their objects and the
> download folder was made for me.
>
> deene

Sorry - you mean the Maxis-created objects. I wouldn't recommend using the
Maxis installer programme to install anything from the main site though the
objects are usually ok. Lots and Sims files are really problematic and can
cause a lot of problems unless you know what you are doing and can
circumvent the danger areas. I just wouldn't recommend that as a method to
someone who is unsure of what they are doing.

Best wishes
maxon

> > eek - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that!
> >
> LOL well, I like some of their stuff. I like the computer, Christmas
> tree, snowman, a few other things. :) I don't care for the Halloween
> objects.
>
> deene

I'm sorry too for not making myself clear! Oh I agree, I don't mess with
stuff on that exchange. I don't download anything from the site within
the game either.

deene

> Sorry - you mean the Maxis-created objects. I wouldn't recommend
> using the
> Maxis installer programme to install anything from the main site
> though the
> objects are usually ok. Lots and Sims files are really problematic
> and can
> cause a lot of problems unless you know what you are doing and can
> circumvent the danger areas. I just wouldn't recommend that as a
> method to
> someone who is unsure of what they are doing.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > eek - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that!
>> >
>> LOL well, I like some of their stuff. I like the computer, Christmas
>> tree, snowman, a few other things. :) I don't care for the Halloween
>> objects.
>>
>> deene

I don't think you were unclear - it was probably me.

Best wishes
maxon

> I'm sorry too for not making myself clear! Oh I agree, I don't mess with
> stuff on that exchange. I don't download anything from the site within
> the game either.
>
> deene

TRENDING THREADS