Downsides to using power saving mode?

G

so basically as it is the summer i have been experiencing some high temps on my pc around 60c or so (CPU) i play all games on low with capped like 30 fps (appart form lol) and i ahve even got a decrease in temperature from 60c on dirt 3 to 45c which i think is quite significant. The question is can power saving mode in any way harm my pc? i only ask this because i dont have much money and i dont really want to buy a new computer and the whole point of me putting it on power saving is so that i can have lower temps and therefor the PC will live for longer.

Thanks in advance

EDIT : btw i have no FPS issues on power saving mode as long as i stay how i said. Also i have tried reseating the heatsink, same issue and i dont wonna try again because i get the feeling that i nearly broke my mobo last time :mad:
EDIT 2 : here is my system:
xfx 7770
amd fx 4100 @ 3.6GHz
8GB ram
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard
and a 600w corsair modular psu
win7 64bit

Anything else just ask, thanks again

EDIT 3 : NOT A LAPTOP!

Solution

when its idle, not when its running
G

yes ofc i cleaned everything, this has been like this since i built the computer. Its just more prevalent in the summer. Also i have the fan set to turbo in the bios

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

and reapplied thermal paste?

could just be bad airflow through the case

G

sorry for late, yes i think this case bad airflow, do you know an answer to the original question?
EDIT that sounded rude, didnt mean to :)

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

power saving mode just shuts everything off when the computer is idle to save power. It won't damage your pc. It shouldn't affect anything else when you are running your pc normally.

G

it lowers the amount of avaliable cpu

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

when its idle, not when its running

Solution
G

Why are temp lower significantly then?

G

Yeah, it does when i look clocks they are lower after power saving
EDIT anyway should i even be worried about 60c on this cpu?

Latest posts