[SOLVED] DP not working on new monitor, can freesync work with HDMI?

cool321

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
i got new monitor 144hz with freesync, i have AMD Vega card and DP just wont work, i try every fix from internet i could found but nothing, it just say no signal every time. HDMI work fine but idk if freesync work over HDMI? At first i had option in readon settings to enable freesync but after driver reinstall (one of thing i tryed to do so i can fix DP problem) it's grayed. I still have freesync on in monitor OSD, so is it freesync enebled then or it must be enabled in radeon settings too?
Also any other advice on DP not working problem?

Solution
Can ya take a photo of back of your case with cables connected?

Check Displayport cable is connected properly. Shouldn't easily be pulled out like Hdmi as the DP cable usually has locking latches. If it's not locking in, the case might be preventing full connection. Check monitor end of cable as well and monitor is set to the correct input in osd.

Did the Displayport cable come with the monitor or did you buy separately?

List PC specs & monitor please

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Check Displayport cable is connected properly. Shouldn't easily be pulled out like Hdmi as the DP cable usually has locking latches. If it's not locking in, the case might be preventing full connection. Check monitor end of cable as well and monitor is set to the correct input in osd.

Solution

cool321

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
Look for a driver for your monitor.

I already did that, download it and install it but same result...

i check everything and connect everything atleast 10 times, everything is connected properly. i tryed both DP ports on GPu, i have only one on monitor.

Yes i am using DP cable that came with monitor, i just prdered new one that should came tommorow so i can "cross" bad cable option.