Question DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD - ntoskrnl / intelppm.sys

Apr 14, 2019
Hello,

I am looking for help, I am able to resolve simple issues but this has been bugging me for a while now since I built my new PC - Every now and then, specifically in demanding environments like recent AAA games my PC sometimes suddenly decides to crash - The cause has been consistent, it's a DPC Watchdog Violation but with BSV/Who Crashed I am unable to nail down the exact origin of the issue. I thought someone more experienced in Win10 troubleshooting might be able to help me out here. I'll provide both Memory dump and Minidump upfront if someone is willing to look through.

Here is some info from WhoCrashed:

On Sun 2019-04-14 15:43:30 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041419-10765-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B3730)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80652BD9380, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2019-04-14 15:43:30 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (intelppm+0x136f)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80652BD9380, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
description: Processor Device Driver
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

Memory.dmp file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qk1BgrdwLwkC90WrJYp4q7bYK7eJ1qAK/view?usp=sharing
Minidump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GutSuVY_2vjZlE-s1-4aOFoSRrtx-tfG/view?usp=sharing

It is not very frequent, generally a few days are in between, thats why it's been so hard for me to nail down the issue because it is so inconsistent. I tried changing drivers, remove overclock etc.
The RAM got swapped since this started (i was upgrading it anyway, not to fix this) and the issue continued, so that is out of the equation but I am sure someone who knows about this can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i will get @gardenman to convert dump files into format i can read. Mainly useful to see what other drivers running at time.

If it is a new PC, have you checked motherboard web site and confirmed you have latest drivers? check BIOS as well.

intelppm.sys is built into windows so its not likely to be cause. Just what crashed. It might tie into Intel Management Engine INterface, as its a processor driver

remove any overclocks you may have until we figure out problem.
remove any overclocking software, so AI Suite if its an Asus motherboard

Apr 14, 2019
i will get @gardenman to convert dump files into format i can read. Mainly useful to see what other drivers running at time.

If it is a new PC, have you checked motherboard web site and confirmed you have latest drivers? check BIOS as well.

intelppm.sys is built into windows so its not likely to be cause. Just what crashed. It might tie into Intel Management Engine INterface, as its a processor driver

remove any overclocks you may have until we figure out problem.
remove any overclocking software, so AI Suite if its an Asus motherboard

Thanks, that would be great.

All software provided incl BIOS (Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master) is up to date.
Only overclocking software running is MSI Afterburner, but I can get rid of that.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the minidump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/fBpp.html

File information:041419-10765-01.dmp (Apr 14 2019 - 09:43:30)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Additional BIOS info was not included in the minidump.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
DWM.exe = Windows Desktop Manager.

Try running DDU on your PC in safe mode and install either older Nvidia drivers or run windows update and use the Nvidia drivers microsoft have.

that should have been obvious given it only happens during games

Apr 14, 2019
DWM.exe = Windows Desktop Manager.

Try running DDU on your PC in safe mode and install either older Nvidia drivers or run windows update and use the Nvidia drivers microsoft have.

that should have been obvious given it only happens during games

I've done the graphics driver reinstall (with DDU) who knows how many times (a few months ago) but I'll do it again and see if that helps.

Regarding the Intel Utility yes its installed but not settings toggled, might uninstall it but like you said it didn't cause the crash.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I should have looked at dump file... what is this doing on here?

Sep 09 2005 ssgdio64.sys ATI Diagnostics Hardware Abstraction System driver

Its an intel Motherboard with an Nvidia Card? where is AMD./ATI coming in?

What are specs of PC?

Apr 14, 2019
I should have looked at dump file... what is this doing on here?

Sep 09 2005ssgdio64.sysATI Diagnostics Hardware Abstraction System driver

Its an intel Motherboard with an Nvidia Card? where is AMD./ATI coming in?

What are specs of PC?

Ok that's weird. It's definitely Nvidia.

RTX 2080 MSI Ventus
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 C16 (Hynix CJR)
i9 9900K
Z390 Aorus Master

I got to admit I did use Driver Booster after installing windows as a lazy fix - in hindsight I was made aware such software can mess drivers up. Perhaps it installed something that was never needed.

The crashes are extremely infrequent - Like maybe once every 15-20 hours of playtime. I mainly experienced it playing on Frostbyte-engine based games. Haven't had any of it happen when playing say BotW on Emulator which also taxes the GPU a lot. Might have been just coincidence though.

I assume right course of action is removal of that driver, once I get home?

Apr 14, 2019
Yes, that could be why its there. 3rd party driver tools can and do get it wrong.

you don't need DB, use the Gigabyte App Centre to update your drivers, it should be in utility page of motherboard website. - its 1st program here: https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#support-dl-utility
Thanks for you taking your time, I will do that.
Whats the best way of getting rid of that ATI driver plus would you still recommend me reinstalling the Nvidia driver.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Whats the best way of getting rid of that ATI driver

good question.

we can stop it running at startup using Autroruns but I can't see a way to uninstall it.

Look in settings/apps and see if anything stands out there. If its stopped by autoruns it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

this might remove it: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 but most removal tools are for gpu's, I think the one you have is for motherboards. I am not 100% sure what it is part of.

hold off nvidia and see if this fixes.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmegaFighter
Apr 14, 2019
Different stop code, presumably same issue, I disabled the ATI drivers and reinstalled NVidia drivers.

On Thu 2019-04-18 19:01:26 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041819-11812-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFFF8027A5CDF60, 0x80000004B8EB9929, 0xFFFFF60DBB92F4D0, 0x2)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating (thermal issue). There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 2019-04-18 19:01:26 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull!RawInputThread+0x8E8)
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFFF8027A5CDF60, 0x80000004B8EB9929, 0xFFFFF60DBB92F4D0, 0x2)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating (thermal issue). There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FGGf61BPq0r7ohPJrijnA-sNZf4IVcdr/view?usp=sharing
Maybe this combined with the previous minidump reveals more information.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/F171.html

File information:041819-11812-01.dmp (Apr 18 2019 - 13:01:26)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 20 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Apr 14, 2019
Ok I have one more to provide, surely it must be a bit strange but if you could run it through the debugger again I can maybe compare all the results and maybe nail down the cause a bit more, this is getting exceedingly frustrating.

On Sat 2019-04-20 13:53:48 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042019-8953-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8076F75C380)

On Sat 2019-04-20 13:53:48 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
This was probably caused by the following module: usbxhci.sys (usbxhci+0x32ee8)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8076F75C380)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys
description: USB XHCI Driver
The crash took place in a storage driver or controller driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

Mini Dump File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D52TXRnkHICfzmZQCe0QdjNzr7qWjHEx/view?usp=sharing
The crash seems to happen randomly in different modules, this time usbxhci. I am a bit confused about this.

Apr 14, 2019
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/F171.html

File information:041819-11812-01.dmp (Apr 18 2019 - 13:01:26)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 20 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

I appreciate this info, if you could do the same for the minidump I just posted, would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 14, 2019
good question.

we can stop it running at startup using Autroruns but I can't see a way to uninstall it.

Look in settings/apps and see if anything stands out there. If its stopped by autoruns it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

this might remove it: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 but most removal tools are for gpu's, I think the one you have is for motherboards. I am not 100% sure what it is part of.

hold off nvidia and see if this fixes.

I got the same issue again, I pretty much tried everything. At this point I am unsure if it's not maybe defective hardware but that wouldn't make too much sense, I am 99% sure it's driver related but I can't nail down which one and how.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you tried a clean install? since you ran driver booster, the quickest way to get to bottom of it might be start again and don't load any drivers from 3rd party driver software (in a way, you could say MIcrosoft are a 3rd party but I guess we have to trust them)

the programs its having problems with supposedly are all parts of windows itself
csrss.exe = a service used for your user to operate. Its unusual to see it crash,

try this:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

usbhxci.sys is the driver for USB. - this error could be caused by Scarlet Crush as its known to be a cause of BSOD

Do you have newest BIOS as your dumps still aren't showing details of PC which can be a sign its an old bios. it could help

As for hardware: Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

check ram, normally if I see odd errors it is a good place to start. Since its new ram it should be fine, but you can also use working ram to check the motherboard slots out.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/EZDJ.html

File information:042019-8953-01.dmp (Apr 20 2019 - 07:53:48)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:xusb22.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 54 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

Apr 14, 2019
Have you tried a clean install? since you ran driver booster, the quickest way to get to bottom of it might be start again and don't load any drivers from 3rd party driver software (in a way, you could say MIcrosoft are a 3rd party but I guess we have to trust them)

the programs its having problems with supposedly are all parts of windows itself
csrss.exe = a service used for your user to operate. Its unusual to see it crash,

try this:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

usbhxci.sys is the driver for USB. - this error could be caused by Scarlet Crush as its known to be a cause of BSOD

Do you have newest BIOS as your dumps still aren't showing details of PC which can be a sign its an old bios. it could help

As for hardware: Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

check ram, normally if I see odd errors it is a good place to start. Since its new ram it should be fine, but you can also use working ram to check the motherboard slots out.

So I'd rather not do a fresh install, I will do it if really nothing else works.

The crash I posted with Memory Corruption was my mistake (the csrss crash), I updated the BIOS and wasn't able to get stable settings, I reverted to the 2nd newest but it's only a couple months old. | Only DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD since, no Memory Corruption.

I ran the memtest anyway and it was all fine, after reversing to my old settings.
I ran the SFC and what you said, no errors were detected, everything seems to be fine.

I am quite sure the usbxhci crash was related to Scarlet Crush so I disabled it in Autoruns, shouldn't see that particular crash again but will have to wait and see.
So yes, I guess I have to go back to just go run as usual and see if it still crashes, every crash should bring me closer to eliminating the issue and your support goes a long way helping me with it.
Thank you both.

I'll report again if anything happens.

Apr 14, 2019
GL. That is the problem with BSOD, you can't tell if they fixed until they stop happening.

I don't want to jinx us so not saying anything :)

Alright, next idea. (Still having some issues)
I also had another crash, this time different, I can't really tell why but I will just post both.

So first, I did driver verifier and it got stuck starting windows which I found strange, so I enabled bootlogging and got this out of it, I am no expert with bootlogs so you may have a better understanding of what it means and what it says caused it to refuse booting.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ADs9GQBreywYvSTJRThmlCrO32L5tfgs/view?usp=sharing

Secondly, another BSOD but different stop code while playing another game, this was a weird one so I will just dump the whole WinDbg result here

• Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruption
could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove).
Arg2: ffff8d00b57d5730, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffff8d00b57d5688, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved

Debugging Details:
------------------

KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

PROCESSES_ANALYSIS: 1

SERVICE_ANALYSIS: 1

STACKHASH_ANALYSIS: 1

TIMELINE_ANALYSIS: 1

DUMP_CLASS: 1

DUMP_QUALIFIER: 401

BUILD_VERSION_STRING: 17763.1.amd64fre.rs5_release.180914-1434

SYSTEM_MANUFACTURER: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

SYSTEM_PRODUCT_NAME: Z390 AORUS MASTER

SYSTEM_SKU: Default string

SYSTEM_VERSION: Default string

BIOS_VENDOR: American Megatrends Inc.

BIOS_VERSION: F8e

BIOS_DATE: 01/16/2019

BASEBOARD_MANUFACTURER: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BASEBOARD_PRODUCT: Z390 AORUS MASTER-CF

BASEBOARD_VERSION: Default string

DUMP_TYPE: 1

BUGCHECK_P1: 3

BUGCHECK_P2: ffff8d00b57d5730

BUGCHECK_P3: ffff8d00b57d5688

BUGCHECK_P4: 0

TRAP_FRAME: ffff8d00b57d5730 -- (.trap 0xffff8d00b57d5730)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=ffffac8a2519e158 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000003
rdx=ffffe581e5685ad8 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80529d34d30 rsp=ffff8d00b57d58c0 rbp=ffffac8a2519e1c0
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=ffffc28a3b3bab40 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac pe cy
nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+0x320:
fffff80529d34d30 cd29 int 29h Resetting default scope EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffff8d00b57d5688 -- (.exr 0xffff8d00b57d5688) ExceptionAddress: fffff80529d34d30 (nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+0x0000000000000320) ExceptionCode: c0000409 (Security check failure or stack buffer overrun) ExceptionFlags: 00000001 NumberParameters: 1 Parameter[0]: 0000000000000003 Subcode: 0x3 FAST_FAIL_CORRUPT_LIST_ENTRY CPU_COUNT: 10 CPU_MHZ: e10 CPU_VENDOR: GenuineIntel CPU_FAMILY: 6 CPU_MODEL: 9e CPU_STEPPING: c CPU_MICROCODE: 6,9e,c,0 (F,M,S,R) SIG: A2'00000000 (cache) A2'00000000 (init) BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139 PROCESS_NAME: starwarsbattlefrontii.exe CURRENT_IRQL: 2 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: FAIL_FAST_CORRUPT_LIST_ENTRY ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. EXCEPTION_CODE_STR: c0000409 EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000003 ANALYSIS_SESSION_HOST: OMEGA-PC ANALYSIS_SESSION_TIME: 04-21-2019 22:34:44.0491 ANALYSIS_VERSION: 10.0.18317.1001 amd64fre LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80529e73e69 to fffff80529e62730 STACK_TEXT: ffff8d00b57d5408 fffff80529e73e69 : 0000000000000139 0000000000000003 ffff8d00b57d5730 ffff8d00b57d5688 : nt!KeBugCheckEx ffff8d00b57d5410 fffff80529e74210 : ffffac89c11ec501 0000000000000000 ffffac89ce9c47b0 ffffac89cb77f000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69 ffff8d00b57d5550 fffff80529e72608 : 0000000000000000 ffff8d00b57d5824 00000001c1119300 ffff8d0000000000 : nt!KiFastFailDispatch+0xd0 ffff8d00b57d5730 fffff80529d34d30 : 00000000ffffff00 ffffc28a00000000 0000000000000001 ffff8d00b57d5938 : nt!KiRaiseSecurityCheckFailure+0x308 ffff8d00b57d58c0 fffff80529d35c1f : ffffac89d13adc60 0001000000000000 fffff80528c8e180 ffffac89d13adc68 : nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+0x320 ffff8d00b57d5920 fffff8052a2ad410 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ffff8d00b57d5a80 : nt!KeReleaseSemaphore+0x11f ffff8d00b57d59a0 fffff80529e73885 : ffffac8a23463080 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ffff8d00b57d5a01 : nt!NtReleaseSemaphore+0x90 ffff8d00b57d5a00 00007ffd8a0ef7d4 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x25 000000004740f7a8 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 : 0x00007ffd8a0ef7d4

THREAD_SHA1_HASH_MOD_FUNC: 4d31292026adca6f00ce59ffc4acb73e85fb95c2

THREAD_SHA1_HASH_MOD_FUNC_OFFSET: aca271e1af358ddf222b55f2fab8e5083a6f0c14

THREAD_SHA1_HASH_MOD: cb5f414824c2521bcc505eaa03e92fa10922dad8

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0
fffff805`29e74210 c644242000 mov byte ptr [rsp+20h],0

FAULT_INSTR_CODE: 202444c6

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 438ffec3

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: d0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_CORRUPT_LIST_ENTRY_nt!KiFastFailDispatch

BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_CORRUPT_LIST_ENTRY_nt!KiFastFailDispatch

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: 0x139_3_CORRUPT_LIST_ENTRY_nt!KiFastFailDispatch

TARGET_TIME: 2019-04-21T19:44:58.000Z

OSBUILD: 17763

OSSERVICEPACK: 0

SERVICEPACK_NUMBER: 0

OS_REVISION: 0

SUITE_MASK: 272

PRODUCT_TYPE: 1

OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

OSNAME: Windows 10

OSEDITION: Windows 10 WinNt TerminalServer SingleUserTS

OS_LOCALE:

USER_LCID: 0

OSBUILD_TIMESTAMP: 2005-12-02 08:58:59

BUILDDATESTAMP_STR: 180914-1434

BUILDLAB_STR: rs5_release

BUILDOSVER_STR: 10.0.17763.1.amd64fre.rs5_release.180914-1434

ANALYSIS_SESSION_ELAPSED_TIME: 545

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x139_3_corrupt_list_entry_nt!kifastfaildispatch

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {3aede96a-54dd-40d6-d4cb-2a161a843851}

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

I do believe that this still has to be somewhat associated with the issue I have been getting before.

Apr 14, 2019
I also compared that bootlog to one when my PC actually starts up and they are 1:1 identical except the one when Windows actually starts has these lines at the end:

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Version 10.0 (Build 17763)
4 21 2019 22:44:12.500
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\hal.dll
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\kd.dll
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msrpc.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ksecdd.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\werkernel.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CLFS.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tm.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\PSHED.dll
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\BOOTVID.dll
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\FLTMGR.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\clipsp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\cmimcext.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ntosext.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\CI.dll
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\cng.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Wdf01000.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WDFLDR.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WppRecorder.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\SleepStudyHelper.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\acpiex.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mssecflt.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\SgrmAgent.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ACPI.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\WMILIB.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wd\WdBoot.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\intelpep.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WindowsTrustedRT.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\WindowsTrustedRTProxy.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pcw.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msisadrv.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pci.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vdrvroot.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\pdc.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\CEA.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\partmgr.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\spaceport.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volmgr.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mountmgr.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\storport.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\EhStorClass.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fileinfo.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Wof.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wd\WdFilter.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\SamsungRapidFSFltr.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fs_Rec.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NETIO.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecpkg.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fwpkclnt.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\wfplwfs.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\SamsungRapidDiskFltr.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volume.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volsnap.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rdyboost.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\mup.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\iorate.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\hwpolicy.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\disk.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CLASSPNP.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\cdrom.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\filecrypt.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Null.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Beep.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\basicdisplay.inf_amd64_5103ac179273be89\BasicDisplay.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\basicrender.inf_amd64_0b8d03c3bc0e7fd9\BasicRender.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Npfs.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Msfs.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tdx.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\afunix.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\afd.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vwififlt.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pacer.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\netbios.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\csc.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\npsvctrig.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mssmbios.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\HWiNFO64A.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\HWiNFO64A.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\gpuenergydrv.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dfsc.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\fastfat.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\bam.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ahcache.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tapwindscribe0901.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Vid.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\compositebus.inf_amd64_e4d35af746093dc3\CompositeBus.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\kdnic.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\umbus.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_60f63c8f10879619\nvlddmkm.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\HDAudBus.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ucx01000.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\USBXHCI.SYS
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\UcmCx.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\UcmCxUcsiNvppc.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wdiwifi.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Netwtw08.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vwifibus.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\TeeDriverW8x64.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\serial.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\serenum.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Smb_driver_Intel.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\e1d68x64.inf_amd64_9b64147bed2d44a1\e1d68x64.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\msgpioclx.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaLPSS2_GPIO2.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\wmiacpi.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\intelppm.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\acpipagr.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\UEFI.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\nvvad64v.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ksthunk.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\nvvhci.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\NdisVirtualBus.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\swenum.inf_amd64_31f554b660026323\swenum.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CorsairVBusDriver.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\LGBusEnum.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\LGJoyXlCore.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ssdevfactory.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rdpbus.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CorsairVHidDriver.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\nvhda64v.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\UsbHub3.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HdAudio.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\kbdhid.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\kbdclass.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\usbccgp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\hidusb.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ibtusb.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\BTHUSB.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Microsoft.Bluetooth.Legacy.LEEnumerator.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rfcomm.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\BthEnum.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\bthpan.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\CorsairGamingAudioamd64.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\monitor.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mouhid.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mouclass.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wcifs.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\luafv.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cldflt.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\storqosflt.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\lltdio.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mslldp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\rspndr.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nwifi.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ndisuio.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\condrv.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\winquic.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\HTTP.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bowser.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb20.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srvnet.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mmcss.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \??\C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Drivers\LgCoreTemp\lgcoretemp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Ndu.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\peauth.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpipreg.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv2.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rassstp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\AgileVpn.sys
BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rasl2tp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\raspptp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ndiswan.sys
BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wd\WdFilter.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wd\WdNisDrv.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \??\C:\Windows\temp\cpuz148\cpuz148_x64.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vwifimp.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \??\C:\Windows\gdrv2.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wcnfs.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CorsairVHidDriver.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung Magician\magdrvamd64.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung Magician\magdrvamd64.sys

When I compared it to the bootlog my GF's PC (which used the same driver update programs as me), no issues. She has no BSOD issues like I do and no "BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor" spam during bootlog.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I won't pretend to know anything about bootlogs

bootloops from driver verifier are the reason I warn people about it

I think driver verifer could be reason why that bootlog was different

advice I found for last BSOD is run Driver verifier again or memtest, both we have already tried.

upload the last few minidump files, see if we got anything out of the driver verifier run. I suspect it is a driver, just need to figure out which.

Try removing these until we find cause:

Do you use PS3/4 controller in games? could be scarlet crush as it can cause BSOD - its a known cause.
I may have suggested updating LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) already (its from 2016)
Maybe remove MSI Afterburner until we figure out cause
remove Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning driver
What corsair do you have?

Apr 14, 2019
I won't pretend to know anything about bootlogs

bootloops from driver verifier are the reason I warn people about it

I think driver verifer could be reason why that bootlog was different

advice I found for last BSOD is run Driver verifier again or memtest, both we have already tried.

upload the last few minidump files, see if we got anything out of the driver verifier run. I suspect it is a driver, just need to figure out which.

Try removing these until we find cause:

Do you use PS3/4 controller in games? could be scarlet crush as it can cause BSOD - its a known cause.
I may have suggested updating LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) already (its from 2016)
Maybe remove MSI Afterburner until we figure out cause
remove Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning driver
What corsair do you have?
Turning off driver verifier within safe mode was no issue. So I got bootlog from my GF's PC (which has no bsod issues but is nearly identical hardware and age) - so I started removing drivers that were either unneeded or caused driver verifier to bsod.

So I removed: Logitech Gaming Software (my G903 does fine since onboard storage keeps settings)

Scarlet Controller driver I removed before, aka disabled in Autoruns, Intel Utility uninstalled as I usually perform OC in BIOS anyway.
Some Gigabyte PnP driver that didn't seem crucial to any of my applications but caused driver verifier to crash.

I removed the Corsair Audio Driver individually as it was causing issues for driver verifier but I am not using their headphones, iCUE seems to run fine anyway and the other 2 drivers were fine.

It's needed as I have like 6 things that are RGB sync'd by it as well as Keyboard G keys. Should be fine.

I disabled Rapid mode on my SSD as the driver for that wasn't happy about driver verifier either, might turn it back on and see if BSODs stop.

That should be all, will run as normal and see if it stops. I will wait around a week and then if I get no BSOD I'd consider it resolved, will report back of course.