Question Dram and cpu red light blinking, doesnt post

herkus.aleksa

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
Hey,

so recently i played around with a second Vega 56 gpu in my build, but it seemed like it didnt work very well. Then my pc crashed and i decided to take one of the gpu out. When i did, the dram and cpu red light on the mobo started blinking and im not getting any signal to the monitor. Is there any way to fix this or is the mobo dead?

Mobo - GA-AB350-Gaming 3
Cpu - Ryzen 5 1500x
Ram - 2x4 2400mhz

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I would remove then reseat the GPU and RAM then see if it will boot.
Also check ALL the PSU cables are secure at both ends and check all cable connections on the MB.
You might have bumped a cable just enough for it to lose it's connection while installing and removing that 2nd GPU.
That happened to me recently, I bumped the power cable to my GPU and it came out of the PSU so I didn't get any signal to my monitor.
I plugged it back in fully and it worked perfectly again.

herkus.aleksa

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
I would remove then reseat the GPU and RAM then see if it will boot.
Also check ALL the PSU cables are secure at both ends and check all cable connections on the MB.
You might have bumped a cable just enough for it to lose it's connection while installing and removing that 2nd GPU.
That happened to me recently, I bumped the power cable to my GPU and it came out of the PSU so I didn't get any signal to my monitor.
I plugged it back in fully and it worked perfectly again.
Checked every cable, reseated the gpu and the ram and still nothing..

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Have you tried with just one RAM stick in whichever slot is recommend for 1 stick in your manual ?
If not try that with each stick one at a time.
If tha tstill doesn't work try 1 stick in each slot one stick at a time to see if maybe you have a bad slot on the MB.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I'm running out of thoughts here.
You could pull the CPU out and make sure you didn't bend any pins by bumping the cooler. (Be very careful removing the cooler since the CPU is cold a slight twisting motion ususally helps.
You do NOT want the CPU to get yanked out by the cooler.

herkus.aleksa

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
I'm running out of thoughts here.
You could pull the CPU out and make sure you didn't bend any pins by bumping the cooler. (Be very careful removing the cooler since the CPU is cold a slight twisting motion ususally helps.
You do NOT want the CPU to get yanked out by the cooler.
I feel like this is not the problem here tho, but thanks anyway

Reactions: DMAN999