[SOLVED] DRAM/CPU Ez Debug Lights Flashing

Oct 10, 2020
MB: MSI B360M Gaming Plus
CPU: Intel i5-8400
RAM: DDR4-2400 8Gx1
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: Geforce GTX 1050ti

I recently stopped using this PC build since I upgraded. I brought it out of the closet because someone wanted to buy it from me. I started it up and it wouldn't turn on and found out that a pin for PSU supply on MB was damaged, so I got a new MB under warranty. I placed the new motherboard in the case, connected every back together and saw that my DRAM/CPU light were flashing. So I took everything apart and plugged everything back in, when starting it up both the CPU/DRAM lights were still flashing. I took the CMOS out, placed it back in and still did the same thing. I took the RAM out and started it back up, this time the only light on was the DRAM. Could the problem be having a new MB? I do not know what the problem could be.

Solution
All those lights just mean that it is POSTing, or checking itself for errors. Give it some time to boot, and it most likely will. The only time something is wrong is if it is stuck on a certain light for an extrememly long period of time, in which then you know that something is wrong.

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
All those lights just mean that it is POSTing, or checking itself for errors. Give it some time to boot, and it most likely will. The only time something is wrong is if it is stuck on a certain light for an extrememly long period of time, in which then you know that something is wrong.

Solution

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
It could be the ram. Is it listed on the motherboard memory QVL?
Does it work after a cmos reset?
Does a stick by itself work in every dimm slot?

Do you have a motherboard speaker attached?
What POST/beep code does it issue when everything is put back together?

Is your CPU OK - any damaged pins?
Was the CPU cooler plugged in?