Question Dram + cpu redlight / b550 phantom gaming 4 + 5 5600g

Dec 9, 2022
I put together a new computer after my last one fried due to a leak, and am having a issue. When I boot up the PC there's no HDMI signal, and the cpu + dram lights are on. The bio update that was sent was p2.2 according to the sticker, so I was under the assumption a 5 5600g would would work without a update. Then I was wondering if the motherboard is trying to use a dedicated graphics from when they upgraded the bios, but I don't have a working dedicated graphics card to test this theory. I called a repair shop but they couldn't really quote me a price without knowing the issue, so I figured I'd ask for help here before spending more money.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cpu: ryzen 5 5600g
Motherboard: asrock b550 phantom gaming 4
Ram: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 8GB 3000MHz
SSD: Kingston 240gb SSD
Psu: azza 550 bronze +

After more research I noticed that asrock doesn't actually have 2.20 bio update listed on their site, only 2.10. could it be a typo on the sticker and it actually be 1.20? As that would make my board non compatible with my cpu, how likely is that?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I put together a new computer after my last one fried due to a leak,
Can you elaborate on this? If you're recycling parts from your old build whereby they were afflicted by a faulty/failing PSU, then that might be your primary issue.

After more research I noticed that asrock doesn't actually have 2.20 bio update listed on their site, only 2.10.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b550 phantom gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS
Actually, they do have a version 2.20. You sure you got the make and model of your motherboard correct or the BIOS version shown on the sticker to be correct?

Got a link to this unit? If it's recycled from an older system, please mention the age of the unit.

Dec 9, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I put together a new computer after my last one fried due to a leak,
Can you elaborate on this? If you're recycling parts from your old build whereby they were afflicted by a faulty/failing PSU, then that might be your primary issue.

After more research I noticed that asrock doesn't actually have 2.20 bio update listed on their site, only 2.10.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b550 phantom gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS
Actually, they do have a version 2.20. You sure you got the make and model of your motherboard correct or the BIOS version shown on the sticker to be correct?

Got a link to this unit? If it's recycled from an older system, please mention the age of the unit.

It was a new unit, everything is new. Here's a link:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_1938&item_id=165541

Its b550 phantom gaming 4, box even says ryzen 5000 ready, and the sticker does say 2.20 but no way to confirm.