[SOLVED] DRAM EZ Debug Light Lit up, cannot POST

Jul 30, 2019
Building a new pc and had it working for an hour or two before it suddenly shut down after I launched PUBG. The DRAM EZ Debug led started lighting up which is according to the manual means that my mobo isn't detecting the DRAM, and when I try to start up the pc, I get 3 beeps from the PC which apparently means that there is a base 64k memory failure? At my wits end right now. I'm probably going to go return the RAM stick tomorrow and try with a new stick if I can't get it working.

I've tried reinstalling my GPU, checked my CPU for any bent pins and reinstalled it as well, checked that the RAM is correctly inserted and is pushed all the way in, tried the RAM in both RAM slots (only have 2 slots and one stick of ram), checked all power supply cords are securely put in.

I think it's a problem with either my RAM stick or the RAM slots on my motherboard but it was working fine before so I'm not sure why it would've worked before and not now? Anyone have any ideas why it's not working or posting? All of my parts are brand new except for my hard drive and I could play a few games of League of Legends before it crashed when I ran PUBG. I haven't installed my motherboard drivers yet (forgot to when it worked for a bit).

PC Components
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO: MSI B450M
GPU: EVGA GTX 1660 Dual fans
RAM: G Skill Aegis 3000mhz 8gb
PSU: Thermaltake 750W

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If you only have 1 stick, it's hard to determine. I think you have probably done the right thing. Just wait for the new RAM module to arrive and test accordingly. This will tell you what the problem is.

There is a bit of a misconception that something "works fine" then "stops working fine". In reality the picture is more complex, if there is a particular memory reference that was faulty on the RAM, then you'll only see the problem when the faulty area comes into use. So there is every likelihood the RAM could have been faulty on arrival.

Only way to know is to wait for the new module, then feedback here. I would highly suspect it is the RAM module, so test and see what happens my friend.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If you only have 1 stick, it's hard to determine. I think you have probably done the right thing. Just wait for the new RAM module to arrive and test accordingly. This will tell you what the problem is.

There is a bit of a misconception that something "works fine" then "stops working fine". In reality the picture is more complex, if there is a particular memory reference that was faulty on the RAM, then you'll only see the problem when the faulty area comes into use. So there is every likelihood the RAM could have been faulty on arrival.

Only way to know is to wait for the new module, then feedback here. I would highly suspect it is the RAM module, so test and see what happens my friend.

Solution