Question dram led error after bios update

Jan 29, 2023
hello
so yesterday i tried to update the bios following tutorial on yt,
after this i tried to turn on the pc but i encountered some issue
-the mother board DRAM led is on
-no monitor signal
i tried to downgrade the bios, switching ram slot (one stick a time), and removing the mobo battery but nothing change
This are my pc spec:
MOBO: asus rog strix b550-f
GPU: xfx radeon 5708gb
CPU: ryzen 7 5700x
RAM: corsair vegance 2x8gb 3000mHz
If you have any suggestions they are welcome!

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
Never follow tutorials from youtube always read the manual for your motherboard that can be found on the motherboard website, by the way try these steps to reset the bios
  1. Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
  3. Remove the computer cover.
  4. Find the battery on the board. ...
  5. Remove the battery: ...
  6. Wait 1–5 minutes, then reconnect the battery.
  7. Put the computer cover back on.
Basically you need to remove the battery of the motherboard and wait for 5 minutes for the bios to reset, but unplag the power cable from your pc first and all the other cables.
Also try to load default settings for your bios just go to bios and press F9 or F10 to get the bios default settings press save and restart
And lastly locate the clear cmos on the motherboard if you don't know where that is look inside your motherboard manual get a Screwdriver and touch the clear cmos pins on the motherboard (there should be two pins) and wait for 15 seconds, that should reset the bios to factory settings

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023
Never follow tutorials from youtube always read the manual for your motherboard that can be found on the motherboard website, by the way try these steps to reset the bios
  1. Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
  3. Remove the computer cover.
  4. Find the battery on the board. ...
  5. Remove the battery: ...
  6. Wait 1–5 minutes, then reconnect the battery.
  7. Put the computer cover back on.
Basically you need to remove the battery of the motherboard and wait for 5 minutes for the bios to reset, but unplag the power cable from your pc first and all the other cables.
Also try to load default settings for your bios just go to bios and press F9 or F10 to get the bios default settings press save and restart
And lastly locate the clear cmos on the motherboard if you don't know where that is look inside your motherboard manual get a Screwdriver and touch the clear cmos pins on the motherboard (there should be two pins) and wait for 15 seconds, that should reset the bios to factory settings
did it again and nothing change same problem whit the same mobo led on

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
did it again and nothing change same problem whit the same mobo led on
Have you tried to touch both of the clear cmos pins on the motherboard with screwdriver and wait 15 seconds if you tried that and it didn't work then you should take your pc to the local pc repair shop but even they cant do anything if your motherboard is bricked so good luck there are two ways to destroy motherboard completely if you break it phisically and after a faulty BIOS update.