Question DRAM led still ON even after successful RMA

Oct 13, 2024
Cheers,

I'm facing an issue with my RAM and motherboard, and I need some advice. Here's the situation:

I connected new disks, reinstalled the RAM, and I could no longer boot with 4 sticks. After reseating CPU, only one RAM slot worked, doesn't matter which one and then nothing at all. I did an RMA for the motherboard, and it was accepted. I received a replacement motherboard, but after putting everything back together, the same issue persists. Now, none of the RAM slots work, and the system won't boot. The DRAM debug LED stays on, and once, the EZ Flash LED even started blinking as if it was flashing the BIOS, though I'm not sure why.

I know the RAM works 100% because I tested it in a different system, and it worked perfectly every time. What could be causing this issue? Any ideas on what I should try next? (dont tell me its a psu issue 😭)

Components:
  1. Ryzen 7 5700x3d
  2. Radeon RX 7900GRE
  3. 4 sticks of DDR4 3200MHz RAM (Predators)
  4. Asus StrixB-550a Gaming
  5. Arctic Esport something cpu cooler
  6. 2x Crucial P2 M2
  7. aand for the finale, the PSU is Bequiet system power 9, 600W

I know that its pretty weak for the system but it worked perfectly for like three months..

Thanks to everyone that will try to help me...

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

4 sticks of DDR4 3200MHz RAM (Predators)
Try and work with two sticks of ram. Check to see that they are fully seated and populating slots A2 and B2.

only one RAM slot worked...I did an RMA for the motherboard...received a replacement motherboard...after putting everything back together, the same issue persists. Now, none of the RAM slots work, and the system won't boot. The DRAM debug LED stays on, and once, the EZ Flash LED even started blinking as if it was flashing the BIOS, though I'm not sure why.
This tells me that your processor or it's IMC(integrated memory controller) might've conked out. Did you drop your processor onto a known working motherboard(a friend or neighbor's system...

Lutfij

Titan

Try and work with two sticks of ram. Check to see that they are fully seated and populating slots A2 and B2.

only one RAM slot worked...I did an RMA for the motherboard...received a replacement motherboard...after putting everything back together, the same issue persists. Now, none of the RAM slots work, and the system won't boot. The DRAM debug LED stays on, and once, the EZ Flash LED even started blinking as if it was flashing the BIOS, though I'm not sure why.
This tells me that your processor or it's IMC(integrated memory controller) might've conked out. Did you drop your processor onto a known working motherboard(a friend or neighbor's system that has the right BIOS version)?

aand for the finale, the PSU is Bequiet system power 9, 600W
How old is this unit?
^
Radeon RX 7900GRE
If the PSU is brand new, I'd have gotten something with more wattage at your system's disposal so you had headroom and be able to retain the PSU for a longer period of time.

Your motherboard has a BIOS FlashBack button on the rear of the motherboard. try and reflash the BIOS with the latest version, using this guide;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzpVSOtaKBU

Just in case, use BIOS version 3607;
or 3610.

Reactions: deXyy999
Solution
Oct 13, 2024

This tells me that your processor or it's IMC(integrated memory controller) might've conked out. Did you drop your processor onto a known working motherboard(a friend or neighbor's system that has the right BIOS version)?

aand for the finale, the PSU is Bequiet system power 9, 600W
How old is this unit?
^
Radeon RX 7900GRE
If the PSU is brand new, I'd have gotten something with more wattage at your system's disposal so you had headroom and be able to retain the PSU for a longer period of time.

Your motherboard has a BIOS FlashBack button on the rear of the motherboard. try and reflash the BIOS with the latest version, using this guide;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzpVSOtaKBU

Just in case, use BIOS version 3607;
or 3610.
I already tried dual channel, didn't work.
The cpu works on different mobo, the indication that my old 2600 isnt working as well says that it's not a cpu issue.
The psu is old as frick, bought 2018 I reckon, hence it's the biggest suspect imo 😞
I'll actually try to flash the bios although I don't expect anything to happen since the older versions were also supporting newer zen ryzens.
Thanks very much for your input.l, I'll lyk asap.

edit: my biggest question is why did they give me a new motherboard if it apparently wasn't the issue... I'm so confused