Question DRAM Light after bent CPU Pins :(

Nov 25, 2020
Alright guys so long-story-short I got a new water cooling so I took out the fan cooler that came with the Ryzen CPU and I did something wrong and the CPU came stuck with the cooler and some pins got bent.

I first tried putting the CPU Back and it was wiggleling in the slot, and when I turned on the PC, the CPU Light was on..
so I inspected the CPU and bent the pins in place again, cleaned the pins with alcoohol, and I manage to attach it right back to the motherboard without wiggle!

The CPU Light is now Off but... when I'm turning on the computer, the DRAM Light is ON and I have no idea on how to fix it.
I tried cleaning the bios and I removed the battery for 10 minutes and put it back but still no joy.

I've searched online and this has happened ALOT of times to people, where the Wraith Prism Cooler just cames with the CPU Stuck and then bent pins..DRAM Lights.. etc Basically my own steps, and I think most people got the CPU working again just by miracle, not doing anything is specific, but mine just keeps showing the DRAM Light!2

Any help please? I'm honestly terrified that I screwed the CPU :(

Nov 25, 2020
Alright guys so long-story-short I got a new water cooling so I took out the fan cooler that came with the Ryzen CPU and I did something wrong and the CPU came stuck with the cooler and some pins got bent.

I first tried putting the CPU Back and it was wiggleling in the slot, and when I turned on the PC, the CPU Light was on..
so I inspected the CPU and bent the pins in place again, cleaned the pins with alcoohol, and I manage to attach it right back to the motherboard without wiggle!

The CPU Light is now Off but... when I'm turning on the computer, the DRAM Light is ON and I have no idea on how to fix it.
I tried cleaning the bios and I removed the battery for 10 minutes and put it back but still no joy.

I've searched online and this has happened ALOT of times to people, where the Wraith Prism Cooler just cames with the CPU Stuck and then bent pins..DRAM Lights.. etc Basically my own steps, and I think most people got the CPU working again just by miracle, not doing anything is specific, but mine just keeps showing the DRAM Light!2

Any help please? I'm honestly terrified that I screwed the CPU :(

Nov 25, 2020
recheck and make sure no pin are broken off
No pins are broken off, I have that macro mode on my phone which lets me check really really upclose on this small pins, and I checked every single row and nothing was off. No pins were severely bent either.

Thanks for your input!

Don't feel too bad about the mistake itself, with the AMD design the cpu comes up really easily with the cooler when the paste is old and hard like glue.

I know, alot of people have this problem, but still.. its so bad :/

Thanks!

Nov 25, 2020
Alright just a little update, I gave my computer to a contact of mine which builds computers and he said that its unlikely that the CPU is broken, he says he tried close inspection with the socket and he told me theres a few pins inside that he thinks the gold contacts are not there (they aren't shinning) so most likely the problem is with the motherboard socket.

I'll send this to warranty and lets hope for the best! Thank you everyone!