Question DRAM Manuf. unknow in CPU-Z and HWiNFO

vattghern

Prominent
Oct 11, 2022
Hi everyone! I just bought an additional 8x8=16gb of PNY XLR8 RGB 3200 memory to the 16gb of RAM I already have on my computer. The problem is that programs like CPU-Z and HWiNFO do not show DRAM Manuf and Module Nominal Voltag on the two RAM modules. All 4 RAM sticks are from the same manufacturer with the same batch number, but they were bought at different times (3 years apart, lol) and in different countries. What could be the reason? Is it a factory defect or is it normal? I removed the heatsink from a RAM strip that is not detected and discovered this... I can't explain what it is. Is it a fake? The markings on all chips are the same.
dram-manuf-not-shown-in-cpu-z-and-hwinfo-v0-bwg555kt4q8d1.png

dram-manuf-not-shown-in-cpu-z-and-hwinfo-v0-ikoja91t4q8d1.png
dram-manuf-not-shown-in-cpu-z-and-hwinfo-v0-5a7te9pogq8d1.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
All 4 RAM sticks are from the same manufacturer with the same batch number, but they were bought at different times (3 years apart, lol) and in different countries.
You might want to understand that a lot can change on an assembly line, meaning you effectively have 4 different sticks of ram, even a slight temp change on the IC's on the assembly line can and will affect their internal structure, i.e, their latencies and tolerances to voltages/how they've been binned.

The markings are all done on the IC maker's end, PNY's vendor, PNY are just a customer at this point and asked that the IC's are marked with info that PNY keep track of. In fact, you might want to ditch your rams and pick up a ram kit, one that's matched from the factory. Micron, SK Hynix and Samsung are ram IC makers. Crucial is owned by Micron, while Klevv is owned by SK Hynix.

This might be of assistance to you;
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pny-xlr8-gaming-epic-x-rgb-ddr4-3200-c16-2x8gb-review

vattghern

Prominent
Oct 11, 2022
After looking at the review I can say that I probably have the same ram kit and ram chips (which are not identified in programs like cpu-z), but are the same Hynix as my newly acquired memory, but on chips from Hynix with identification. At least this memory (I will call it unidentified) worked for more than more three years without any problems, and at the moment with the installation of another 16 gb of RAM I have no problem setting the XMP profile and the system works with correct timings on all memory chips as stated by the manufacturer. Hopefully I didn't get a defect and these are really original ram kits.

TRENDING THREADS