Question DRAM problem on Asus b550 gaming plus with orange light but after restart it's working

Dec 5, 2022
Hello everyone!

I just build a new PC and I have a weird issue.

Sometimes when i open it It seems like I don't have power on keyboard, mouse and monitor and the orange light from DRAM is on the motherboard.

But if I restart it or if I shut down it and start it again it works fine (I have power on them). I enabled XMP from bios and I upgraded the BIOS to the last version. I also removed the CMOS battery and clear the CMOS, it worked fine like 1-2 days and suddenly the problem appeared again. Now i am trying with another bios version to see if it will work.

I don't know what could I do more. I can tell you that sometimes the pc is working well when I start it, but sometimes when I turn it on I don't have power at those 3 hardware comp (display, keyboard, mouse). The XMP is working on auto timings and the RAM looks stable on 3600Mhz, there is no other problem.

If any of you had the same problem, could you please advise on how to solve this? Thank you kindly and looking forward to hearing from you!

Links for images: https://postimg.cc/Fd0vywRr
https://postimg.cc/BPgGyDHR
https://postimg.cc/SYqhDV2W
Components:

Motherboard - Asus B550 Gaming plus

SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Case : Cooler Master H500 ARGB

CPU Fan: Be quiet Dark rock pro 4

CPU : Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: AMD Asus tuf 6800 XT

RAM : Kingston Fury Renegade 3600Mhz CL 16 32Gb Dual-Channel

PSU: Inaza Reactor 850W Gold Plus

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for the ram, which slots are they populating on the motherboard?

I'd try and see if you can reflash the BIOS, then after a successful BIOS flash, power down, clear the CMOS(battery removed for 30 mins while system is disconnected from display and the wall).

Dec 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for the ram, which slots are they populating on the motherboard?

I'd try and see if you can reflash the BIOS, then after a successful BIOS flash, power down, clear the CMOS(battery removed for 30 mins while system is disconnected from display and the wall).
Hello!
I am using the last version of BIOS (2803).
i have also tried to use another version before this one and still doesnt work. I put the RAM on 2 and 4 like in the manual of the motherboard because first i had them on 1 and 3 and when i enable the xmp the pc won't boot and goes in safemode. So after i changed it i could enable the XMP and pc was starting well. I also tried to remove the CMOS battery and I changed IT with a new one.

Today i discussed with someone from Asus support and they told me that is not a problem with the motherboard, they told me the RAM is the problem because is not în The qvl list and probably the pc can't recognize it at the first start. And if it was a problem from motherboard the pc won't start after restarting, so they told me it's a compatibility problem here and to try to use RAM on the standard frequency (2400) and if it's working it means that is the problem. I am now using the ram on standard and it looks the problem dissapeared. It's weird because i tought all RAM types would work even if they are not om QVL list.