Question DRAM Status in BIOS is showing lower RAM frequency, Is that right? What can I do?

Jun 18, 2024
Hello!

I see that in the BIOS the RAM slots show 2400Mhz, but DOCP is active and in the task manager shows the speed as 3200.

1. Which is correct?
2. Is the RAM running at 3200 or only 2400? (principal question)
3. Is the BIOS having problems?

I formatted the PC yesterday and before that it showed DRAM Status at 3200Mhz.

Prints of BIOS, task manager and CPU-Z:
https://files.fm/u/tn78np7ng8

Lutfij

Titan
You're running at DDR4-3200MHz, per the profile baked into the ram kit. Your screenshots show a discrepancy, one stick of ram is slots A1 and B2, they should be populating slots A2 and B2, per your manual.

Your ram is also mismatched, with one stick being 16GB and the other being 8GB, you're essentially running mismatched tires on your car, you shouldn't be surprised if you see a lack of performance from your platform when compared to a system with a dial channel ram kit(matched from the factory).

Lastly, you have BIOS updates pending.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2024
You're running at DDR4-3200MHz, per the profile baked into the ram kit. Your screenshots show a discrepancy, one stick of ram is slots A1 and B2, they should be populating slots A2 and B2, per your manual.

Your ram is also mismatched, with one stick being 16GB and the other being 8GB, you're essentially running mismatched tires on your car, you shouldn't be surprised if you see a lack of performance from your platform when compared to a system with a dial channel ram kit(matched from the factory).

Lastly, you have BIOS updates pending.
Next week I will put in dual channel by buying another and selling one of mines.

1. Why DRAM in BIOS show 2400?
2. How I update my BIOS?
3. I lose something if I update?

MB: ASUS TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II

Last edited: