[SOLVED] dram voltage for 4 sticks of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa1Ko

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
Hello everyone. i had 2x8 gskill tridentz gtzrx 3600mhz on my pc and i recently added two more of the exact same model. xmp recognizes the new ones perfectly. Now all 4 are at 3600mhz but i experience some random restarts only when gaming. My question is this: should i upper the dram voltage from the bios because i added 2 more sticks? now it stands at 1.35 and i thought that maybe i should go at 1,4-1.45. I also read that for b-die rams it is safe to go up until 1,5 so i thought that maybe it will be more stable this way. Thanks in advance.

Solution
SwiftKey

Thanks for your reply!
System specs:
Psu corsair rm850x
Mobo msi b450 tomahawk max
Ram 4x8 ddr4 gskill tridentz 3600mhz gtzrx
Cpu AMD ryzen 3600x
Gpu sapphire 5700xt nitro+
256 gb ssd
1 tb hdd western digital blue

I was mistsken about the b~die type. These rams arent b~die. Thaiphoon burner showed that they are Samsung b~die and i got confused but i searched and they are sk jynix. Anyway i Will increase the SOC and Come back. Could low voltage be the one of the many reasons for random reboots?
Mixing different kits is never guaranteed to work without issues. Raising the voltage, reducing the speed and loosening timings are all things you can do to try and get the RAM to work together without issue.

Sa1Ko

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
SwiftKey
No guarantee to work together unless bought in the same kit.

Try increasing SOC voltage to 1.1v.

Please list all PC specs.

Thanks for your reply!
System specs:
Psu corsair rm850x
Cpu AMD ryzen 3600x
256 gb ssd

I was mistsken about the b~die type. These rams arent b~die. Thaiphoon burner showed that they are Samsung b~die and i got confused but i searched and they are sk jynix. Anyway i Will increase the SOC and Come back. Could low voltage be the one of the many reasons for random reboots?

SwiftKey

Thanks for your reply!
System specs:
Psu corsair rm850x
Cpu AMD ryzen 3600x
256 gb ssd

Mixing different kits is never guaranteed to work without issues. Raising the voltage, reducing the speed and loosening timings are all things you can do to try and get the RAM to work together without issue.

Reactions: Sa1Ko
Solution

Sa1Ko

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020

Thanks for the reply!
I'm aware of that but if all 4 sticks synchronize at 3600 isn't that a Mark that they are working properly? I am glad with the frequency. My concern is only that when i am gaming i get these random reboots. And after searching every possiple fault i am starting to think about insufficient ram voltage.

Thanks for the reply!
I'm aware of that but if all 4 sticks synchronize at 3600 isn't that a Mark that they are working properly? I am glad with the frequency. My concern is only that when i am gaming i get these random reboots. And after searching every possiple fault i am starting to think about insufficient ram voltage.
The random reboots are a sign they are not stable.

Sa1Ko

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
Same thing with uppering the voltage. Random reboots. I even tried running one stick at a time at 3y00mhz and the system Just cant handle it. I am stsrting to think it is the memory controller of the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.