[SOLVED] Draw Distance Problem

Sep 21, 2021
I was playing Skyrim the other day and I noticed very weird lines on textures/shadows that was not present when I first started playing the game. More information can be found here.

I started CSGO today and had a weird shadows/items pop in issue where they would just pop in as I walk towards them then disappear after I move away from them even with maximum settings, and it's very distracting.
A video of this issue (Game is at maximum settings): CSGO Video.

I have double checked that I was using the Nvidia GPU instead of integrated graphics.
I changed some NCL settings then updated my graphics card driver but that didn't do anything.

My laptop specs:
Nvidia GeForce 840m
Intel Core i7 4510u
8GB RAM

If you guys need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
first i would totally remove all graphics related drivers, settings, and files with DDU.
then install the latest package available directly from Nvidia.
just uninstalling and/or re-installing can still leave old files & settings in place.

also make sure you have all of the latest redistributables installed; directx, dotnet, vcredist, etc.

you can also try creating a High Performance power plan that disables "power saving" modes with PCIe, CPU, disks, etc.
first i would totally remove all graphics related drivers, settings, and files with DDU.
just uninstalling and/or re-installing can still leave old files & settings in place.

also make sure you have all of the latest redistributables installed; directx, dotnet, vcredist, etc.

you can also try creating a High Performance power plan that disables "power saving" modes with PCIe, CPU, disks, etc.

Solution
Sep 21, 2021

Thanks for the reply.
Just did all of that. First uninstalled GPU drivers with DDU. Made sure I had the latest version of directx, dotnet, etc.
My performance plan was already High Performance but I also checked that.

Launched Skyrim and the issue is still there.
Don’t know about CSGO as it is updating right now.

I think I’m gonna try uninstalling Skyrim along with all the mods then reinstall it without mods and see if it’s a game/mod related issue and not hardware. But I highly doubt that since I have seen this problem in other games like Far Cry 3 where the draw distance is really small.

Will keep you updated.

Sep 21, 2021
Thanks for the reply.
Just did all of that. First uninstalled GPU drivers with DDU. Made sure I had the latest version of directx, dotnet, etc.
My performance plan was already High Performance but I also checked that.

Launched Skyrim and the issue is still there.
Don’t know about CSGO as it is updating right now.

I think I’m gonna try uninstalling Skyrim along with all the mods then reinstall it without mods and see if it’s a game/mod related issue and not hardware. But I highly doubt that since I have seen this problem in other games like Far Cry 3 where the draw distance is really small.

Will keep you updated.
Yup. CSGO still has this problem