Question Drive letters Missing from Navigation panel after latest Windows Update?

hm2zh89

Prominent
Feb 14, 2020
Drive letters Missing from Navigation panel after latest Windows Update. They seem to show under devices and drives but the update completely changed everything. The D drive is showing as a removable drive and the other letters are gone. How do I add the other drives in the navigation panel and remove D drive from removable disks. I can't find a solution anywhere else.

side note: Why does Microsoft keep doing this? This isn't the first time this has happened. It happened 2 updates ago. Every update I always wonder whats going to change next.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You should firs backup all critical content from the OS install drive and then reinstall the OS...that's what I'd do. Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your platform(motherboard). Use Windows Media Creation Tools to create your bootable USB isntaller.

hm2zh89

Prominent
Feb 14, 2020
You should firs backup all critical content from the OS install drive and then reinstall the OS...that's what I'd do. Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your platform(motherboard). Use Windows Media Creation Tools to create your bootable USB isntaller.

Surely there must be a way of resolving this without a reinstalling Windows. All the drives are still there and it shows up disk management. The latest update just rearranged the navigation pane, after resetting the PC when the update was done, it hid the 2 drives and moved D drive to removable drive. I don't know why Windows insists on changing this a second time.