Drive shows empty after installing PCIE esata espansion card

creamedpossum

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
So I have a computer with multiple drives, and was going to install an external drive enclosure through esata. bout a PCI-e 2 channel e-sata card. Opened computer, put it in open slot. Booted computer back up and now one of the old drives that is hooked up through the motherboard shows up as "Local disk" and shows as empty.

If i try to open it, computer error pops and reading " F:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect." it reads as FAT instead of NTFS like it was before. Only error i can see under a smart test is current pending sector is 185. also tried scanning with r-studio and got the error "Read disk F: at position 3218071552 failed after 1 attempts. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (1117)"

Any Ideas why installing a PCI-e card might have set this off? and any ideas on how to recover it?

Solution
Power off and check cables.
If cables are good remove the pcie card and see if that restores the drive. I suspect the controller on the pcie card is conflicting with one on the motherbd