driver and sync/certificate issues after installing new ASRock z97 and i74790k (win7)

Rysdan

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
I just installed an ASRock z97 extreme6 and a i7-4790k and a fresh install of windows 7 x64. Everything with the install seemed to go smoothly, until it was almost done running windows update. At which point it fails on 4 drivers.
-Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family USB Enhancement Host Controller - 8CA6
-Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family USB Enhancement Host Controller - 8CAD
-USB Root Hub
-USB Root Hub

And then when I try to open a web browser it stops me with a warning:
-The Server's Security Certificate is not yet Valid! and says my computers clock is wrong, even though it's accurate and sync'd correctly with current time and date.

Should I try a reinstall or is there an easy fix that'll take care of these issues?

Thanks for any help

Rysdan

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
[SOLVED] something was wrong with one of the windows updates (KB3004394). Once I uninstalled that update, the rest of the updates installed normally. I'm not sure if that update had anything to do with my cert/SSL/sync problem, or if it was a totally separate issue. However, after I resolved the update issue, I went to work on the certificate issue. I isolated it to only happening via google. All google related sites were giving me the same cert warning, regardless of which browser I would use, and only google sites. I had unintentionally installed google search and chrome when installing my mobo drivers. I went back and uninstalled them. Everything seems to work fine now. The update issue had something to do with root certs, so I wonder if there was some sort of conflict with the wonky update and the version of 'chrome' and 'google search' I installed from my mobo. /shrug